Photo

Slideshow: Greek Week

(Photos by Holly Bensur, Cayla Nimmo, and Sydney Polke)

After a week of events, fundraisers, and competitions, Greek Week came to a close Sunday afternoon. The White Team, consisting of the sisters of Alpha Delta Pi, and the brothers of Phi Delta Theta and Lambda Chi Alpha, took home the overall trophy. This week is dedicated to raising money for United Cerebral Palsy (UCP). Their mission is to advance the independence, productivity, and full citizenship of people with disabilities through an affiliate network.

Cayla Nimmo

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...