V's Take

Dear V: College and sex and girls, oh my…

Dear V ,

I would like to approach different girls because there are a variety of lovely ladies to date. However, I don’t know how to start a conversation and keep it flowing in order to make a connection. Girls in general are prone to be less social when a guy they’re not familiar with approaches them and I cannot read a girl’s body language. I have trouble reading her signs without her verbally saying how she feels. My college days are passing me by, and I have not gotten much into the dating game. I am described as an introvert, and a little fun would be wonderful and a major stress-reliever right about now. How do I make an intimate connection with ladies hopefully resulting in a friendship or even better into a relationship?

Maximus Prestige

Maximum Insecurity,

You do realize that there are millions of scientists and historians who are trying to answer the age-old enigma of womanhood. Women themselves get confused about their arbitrary rules on courtship. So you’re just as clueless as the rest of us.

But a successful interaction doesn’t have to be complicated. Honestly, the business of “signs” is just another example of our generation overthinking every detail. Not every gesture or compliment has to be interpreted. A poke on Facebook doesn’t mean someone actually wants to “poke” you.

Granted these concerns have always been around; not to mention that celebrities make everything look easy. Put Nicole Kidman in the room with a country singer, and magic happens. I’m still wondering if Leo and Kate are aware of their sexual tension.

Anyway, I recommend getting comfortable with girls who are friends, but you may not have a romantic attraction. Take it as field work. Observe how they work, think and talk. You’ll learn that hanging with girls is completely different from guys. Guys insult each other and talk sports stats for millennia. Girls enjoy occasional banter about other girls and their insecurities.

No introvert calls himself an introvert. You refer to yourself as Maximus Prestige, which means you have a secret ego or you play World of War Craft while watching “Game of Thrones.” Either way, girls like someone who is secure of himself. If you’re a closet nerd, geek out. Comic Con is just as cool as attending the Super Bowl or the World Series.

Date with confidence, and go for someone that enjoys spending time together and accepts your interests.

Otherwise, Internet pornography has a plethora of options waiting for you at the click of a button … some are even free.

Advice Columnist

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...