V's Take

Dear V: College and sex and girls, oh my…

Dear V ,

I would like to approach different girls because there are a variety of lovely ladies to date. However, I don’t know how to start a conversation and keep it flowing in order to make a connection. Girls in general are prone to be less social when a guy they’re not familiar with approaches them and I cannot read a girl’s body language. I have trouble reading her signs without her verbally saying how she feels. My college days are passing me by, and I have not gotten much into the dating game. I am described as an introvert, and a little fun would be wonderful and a major stress-reliever right about now. How do I make an intimate connection with ladies hopefully resulting in a friendship or even better into a relationship?

Maximus Prestige

Maximum Insecurity,

You do realize that there are millions of scientists and historians who are trying to answer the age-old enigma of womanhood. Women themselves get confused about their arbitrary rules on courtship. So you’re just as clueless as the rest of us.

But a successful interaction doesn’t have to be complicated. Honestly, the business of “signs” is just another example of our generation overthinking every detail. Not every gesture or compliment has to be interpreted. A poke on Facebook doesn’t mean someone actually wants to “poke” you.

Granted these concerns have always been around; not to mention that celebrities make everything look easy. Put Nicole Kidman in the room with a country singer, and magic happens. I’m still wondering if Leo and Kate are aware of their sexual tension.

Anyway, I recommend getting comfortable with girls who are friends, but you may not have a romantic attraction. Take it as field work. Observe how they work, think and talk. You’ll learn that hanging with girls is completely different from guys. Guys insult each other and talk sports stats for millennia. Girls enjoy occasional banter about other girls and their insecurities.

No introvert calls himself an introvert. You refer to yourself as Maximus Prestige, which means you have a secret ego or you play World of War Craft while watching “Game of Thrones.” Either way, girls like someone who is secure of himself. If you’re a closet nerd, geek out. Comic Con is just as cool as attending the Super Bowl or the World Series.

Date with confidence, and go for someone that enjoys spending time together and accepts your interests.

Otherwise, Internet pornography has a plethora of options waiting for you at the click of a button … some are even free.

Advice Columnist

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...