Dear V: My boyfriend wants a seaside sexcapade…

V,

My boyfriend is trying to convince me to have sex at the beach. I hate the beach because of the nasty salt water, the uncomfortable and grainy sand, and the possibility of getting stung by a jellyfish. He says that it’s romantic and will spice up our sex lives. What should I do? How should I break it to him?

Lofty Land Lubber

Reluctant Bottom Dweller,

I am glad to know that you are familiar with the side effects of sex at the beach. There is nothing more unappealing and troubling than a love-box becoming a sandbox.

While I’m as liberal as they come (I voted for the Green Party candidate), I am slightly conservative about my love-making environments. Stick to the rule of three: all the rooms of your house, bathrooms at clubs and the occasional adventure in the library stacks. They offer a level of privacy, where people can still find you, and secure areas like desks and tables to control awkward positions and intense bouts of passion.

But if you’re sold on your beau and want to make his sandy dreams come true, then consider these possibilities about this tradition.

Take a towel to limit the sand that can get mixed up in the sexy-time fray. He won’t have much to worry about because male anatomy can be cleaned with minimal effort. You’ll have to take precautions. The wind may be blowing toward the south of your equator. Your boyfriend may accidently kick sand somewhere.

And even a secluded beach will not provide complete privacy. There are critters that will not be satisfied with two noisy and sexually-charged humans romping around their home. You may encounter insects that are difficult to see; birds that want a third lunch with the sandwiches you’ve brought; and if the action takes you to the shore, be prepared for the ocean’s most feared leviathan: the jellyfish.

You’ll have to pee on each other, and make it a sequel to that episode on “Friends” where Joey, Chandler and Monica end up emotionally scarred.

While I hate this idea, your boyfriend might be right. Spicing up a long relationship needs this spontaneity. The best advice I can offer you is to switch up the positions. Try getting on top, this should minimize the amount of sand that could get in your lady parts, and even if it fails, you can chalk it up to experience and say you’ve tried something new. A moonlight encounter at Nikki Beach could be romantic … mull that over.

If you’re dissatisfied with the beach sex, then at least you have a new story to tell, or blackmail for not having to have sex in the next couple of weeks.

Try to ignore the sunburn on your ass when you’re thinking about the bright side.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...