V's Take

Dear V: I get frisky when there’s whisky…

V,

I have a tendency to get promiscuous when I am drunk. The alcohol combined with my horniness makes me do weird and incredibly dangerous things. For example, I’ll go to a club, and after a few shots of tequila or vodka, I quench my inner-fire with some much-needed sloppy loving. But I want to stop satisfying my libido with these drunken escapades. What should I do?

Diary of a Mad, Drunk Woman

Dear Sloppy Seconds,

I see that you like to get extremely loud and incredibly close. The alcohol transforms you into a monster-like sex fiend that wants to forget about the week’s forced sex repression. You have the classic case of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome or, what high school teens would call it, the Khloe-Kardashian-by-day and Kim-Kardashian-by-night affect.
The alcohol causes inhibition of your judgment and leads you to make some regretful choices. Thoughts and actions that you would normally repress become the first targets for an easy victim of alcohol abuse.

I agree that alcohol can be used to loosen up before hitting the town. You do not want to be that person in the group who your friends invited because they feel badly about your depressing life. Friends want the messy Facebook memories that will be mentioned long until you get married. These experiences are the ones that will make you a legend among your homies.

There is nothing wrong with partying. Everyoneeserves their fun and an opportunity to blow off some steam; but the morning after can make you feel guilty from your alcohol rampage. You might have slept with a complete loser; you may have engaged in some unsavory drugs; or you might have vandalized your neighborhood Dairy Queen for taking over the cool vintage record store.

Random hookups are enjoyable, but they’re not a joke. Your harmless makeout session with a “Jersey Shore” wash-up leads to an unforgettable disease. The hook-up with Tony the Tiger (I have met someone with this club name) was greeaattt, yet mortifying. And the embarrassing visit to the gynecologist ends with a confession about spiked whipped cream and some interesting poses.

My recommendation is to have fun, but keep the fun in moderation. You’ll eventually have to leave college and enter the real world. Reality doesn’t have room for your nonsense.

Advice Columnist

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...