News Briefs 2/14

Film industry talks
Roger Bundt, a professor at the School of Communication, will give a talk on the Brazilian and Mexican film industries from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m on Thursday at room 2040 in the Wolfson Communications Building.
Yearbook portraits
The deadline date for senior portraits has been extended through Feb. 22. Graduating seniors can make an appointment for yearbook portraits at ouryear.com, with the school code 136. Portraits for undergraduate students are free. No appointments are necessary.
Iron Arrow Nominations
Iron Arrow Honor Society is accepting recommendations for the spring 2013 semester. A brief description of the nominee’s accomplishments and explanation of why they deserve the honor is required as part of the application. The recommendation should not be more than one page typed, and a resume may also be submitted. Recommendations should be kept confidential. Email recommendations to ironarrow@miami.edu no later than 5 p.m. Friday.

Stephanie Parra may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex