News Briefs 2/4

Business cards

Students can purchase business cards from the Toppel Career Center to use as they network at the upcoming Spring Career Expo. For $10, Toppel offers 250 business cards displaying the UM logo, along with each student’s name, degree, graduation date, phone, email and address. To qualify, students must order by Monday and stop by the Career Center to make the payment.

Study abroad

The Spring 2013 Study Abroad Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the UC Lower Lounge. Students can have candid conversations with other UM student study abroad participants and exchange students from countries around the world, as well as meet with faculty to learn about their summer programs. Study abroad staff will help students explore the summer, fall and spring programs abroad.

Black awareness

Black Awareness Month opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Wesley Art Gallery. The United Black Students and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs are hosting events for Black Awareness Month 2013. For a complete list of events, visit miami.edu/msa.

Screening

A screening of the film “Switch” will take place at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the RSMAS Auditorium, sponsored by the UM Chapter of the American Association of Petroleum. “Switch” focuses on the transition from coal and oil to energy resources of the future.

Funday 2013

Students can now preregister for FunDay at llackstein.wix.com/funday2013 to allow for an easier check-in process and give students the ability to be grouped with an organization. FunDay brings more than 300 special citizens from the Miami area to campus to be paired up with students to enjoy a day of fun and games and will take place on Feb. 16 on the Rock.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...