News Briefs 2/4

Business cards

Students can purchase business cards from the Toppel Career Center to use as they network at the upcoming Spring Career Expo. For $10, Toppel offers 250 business cards displaying the UM logo, along with each student’s name, degree, graduation date, phone, email and address. To qualify, students must order by Monday and stop by the Career Center to make the payment.

Study abroad

The Spring 2013 Study Abroad Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the UC Lower Lounge. Students can have candid conversations with other UM student study abroad participants and exchange students from countries around the world, as well as meet with faculty to learn about their summer programs. Study abroad staff will help students explore the summer, fall and spring programs abroad.

Black awareness

Black Awareness Month opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Wesley Art Gallery. The United Black Students and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs are hosting events for Black Awareness Month 2013. For a complete list of events, visit miami.edu/msa.

Screening

A screening of the film “Switch” will take place at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the RSMAS Auditorium, sponsored by the UM Chapter of the American Association of Petroleum. “Switch” focuses on the transition from coal and oil to energy resources of the future.

Funday 2013

Students can now preregister for FunDay at llackstein.wix.com/funday2013 to allow for an easier check-in process and give students the ability to be grouped with an organization. FunDay brings more than 300 special citizens from the Miami area to campus to be paired up with students to enjoy a day of fun and games and will take place on Feb. 16 on the Rock.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...