News Briefs 1/24

Conference

UM’s School of Law will be featuring the Hispanic National Bar Association’s “Human Trafficking Conference” this Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Multipurpose Room in the BankUnited Center’s Fieldhouse. Keynote speakers include Catherine A. MacKinnon, a professor of law at the University of Michigan. She is a well-known lawyer, teacher and activist on sex-equality issues, and she pioneered the legal claim for sexual harassment as a form of sex discrimination. To RSVP, email mvargas@armorcorrectional.com.The event is free, and breakfast will be served.

Workshop

The School of Education and School of Business Administration will be hosting workshops offered by the Center for Nonprofit Management. The workshops will help nonprofit organizations through professional development and provide opportunities for networking and collaboration. The event will take place from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Storer Auditorium. To RSVP, or for more information, email Laurie McDonald at lmcdonald@miami.edu or call 305-284-6119. There is a $25 registration fee. Scholarships are available.

Yearbook

Ibis Yearbook will be at the UC Lower Lounge to take student portraits from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, until Feb. 1. Appointments are only necessary for students who are graduating. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, visit ibisyearbook.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Hosmay Lopez, a meteorologist at the University of Miami Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmosp ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...