News Briefs 1/17

MLK Day of Service

The United Black Students, in association with Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA), present “The Mountain Top,” a celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy. The opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, call 305-284-2855. 

Writing Center

The Writing Center has moved from its prior location near the Pavia Garage to 170 LaGorce House, on Dickinson Drive, near the Wellness Center and School of Architecture. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter or call 305-284-2956.

Spring Kickoff

Student Government and Hurricane Productions are hosting a celebration for the start of the spring semester at the Hecht and Stanford Residential Colleges Bridge from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. There will be music and free food including a barbecue and funnel cakes. For more information, visit hurricaneproductions.org.

Beaux Arts’ Festival

UM will be hosting the 62nd Annual Beaux Arts’ Festival of Art on Saturday and Sunday in front of the Lowe Art Museum. The festival is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, and patrons will be able to view and purchase art from more than 200 juried exhibitors.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...