Edge, Music, Reviews

Timberlake suits up for comeback

Seven years and five blockbusters later, Justin Timberlake is back in the game.

After a dramatic three-day countdown on his official website, Timberlake released “Suit and Tie” – a preview of his upcoming third studio album, “The 20/20 Experience.”

Although the song isn’t making much of a statement, people are still talking and that’s what counts. It may not be what fans expected after so much anticipation. But if I know JT like I think I do, it’ll get better.

It seems like most artists today are releasing mediocre tracks to debut their albums. Maybe JT is just following the trend.

The lyrics – written by Timberlake, Timbaland, Shawn Carter, J-Roc and James Fauntleroy – aren’t earth-shattering: “I can’t wait ‘til I get you on the floor, good-looking/Going out so hot just like an oven.” But JT’s vocals shine, as they always do.

The slow, swanky beat reminds me of “What Goes Around … Comes Around” and “Cry Me A River” with a jazzy twist.

The track won’t blow your mind, but you’ll definitely be rocking your body to it – see what I did there?

Jay-Z is thrown on the track – quite literally … his verse seems out of place. It throws off the smooth R&B vibe Timberlake sets in the first three minutes of the song. But let’s get real, Jay-Z can’t ruin anything.

Overall, it’s a great transition from “FutureSex/LoveSounds” to “The 20/20 Experience.” Expectations were set high and Timberlake delivered – or at least he tried.

Based on the buzz that surrounded this track, it is safe to say that the singer is still a triple-threat. It’s impossible not to enjoy his dance beats and falsetto.

Critics step aside because JT is back.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

TikTok’s rapid rise in popularity presents a business opportunity, as well as concerns about privacy ...

Miller School of Medicine professor JoNell Potter testifies before a Congressional subcommittee on h ...

A Fall Commencement speaker encourages graduates to “drink in the eternal foundation of happiness” b ...

As more hazardous hurricanes affect more disadvantaged populations, climate and public health expert ...

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.