Culture, Music, Reviews

Timberlake suits up for comeback

Seven years and five blockbusters later, Justin Timberlake is back in the game.

After a dramatic three-day countdown on his official website, Timberlake released “Suit and Tie” – a preview of his upcoming third studio album, “The 20/20 Experience.”

Although the song isn’t making much of a statement, people are still talking and that’s what counts. It may not be what fans expected after so much anticipation. But if I know JT like I think I do, it’ll get better.

It seems like most artists today are releasing mediocre tracks to debut their albums. Maybe JT is just following the trend.

The lyrics – written by Timberlake, Timbaland, Shawn Carter, J-Roc and James Fauntleroy – aren’t earth-shattering: “I can’t wait ‘til I get you on the floor, good-looking/Going out so hot just like an oven.” But JT’s vocals shine, as they always do.

The slow, swanky beat reminds me of “What Goes Around … Comes Around” and “Cry Me A River” with a jazzy twist.

The track won’t blow your mind, but you’ll definitely be rocking your body to it – see what I did there?

Jay-Z is thrown on the track – quite literally … his verse seems out of place. It throws off the smooth R&B vibe Timberlake sets in the first three minutes of the song. But let’s get real, Jay-Z can’t ruin anything.

Overall, it’s a great transition from “FutureSex/LoveSounds” to “The 20/20 Experience.” Expectations were set high and Timberlake delivered – or at least he tried.

Based on the buzz that surrounded this track, it is safe to say that the singer is still a triple-threat. It’s impossible not to enjoy his dance beats and falsetto.

Critics step aside because JT is back.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of