After 60 years in business, Spec’s Records and Tapes will be shutting its doors by the end of the month. Will the store’s closing affect where you buy your music? Check out the results in The Miami Hurricane’s Jan. 17 issue.
Where do you get your music?
- Spotify, Pandora and other streaming services (42%, 22 Votes)
- Audio ripping sites (28%, 15 Votes)
- iTunes (26%, 14 Votes)
- Best Buy or other electronics store (4%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 53
How often did you go to Spec’s?
- I’ve never been to Spec’s (47%, 21 Votes)
- I went once or twice (44%, 20 Votes)
- I was a frequent customer (9%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 45
Do you have a CD or vinyl record collection?
- Only CDs (72%, 26 Votes)
- Both CD and vinyl (14%, 5 Votes)
- What’s a vinyl? (11%, 4 Votes)
- Only vinyl (3%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 36
When was the last time you bought the physical copy of an album?
- Last week (45%, 17 Votes)
- Before the millenium (39%, 15 Votes)
- I don’t buy CDs (16%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 38
When was the last time you bought a physical copy of a movie or a book?
- I only buy physical copies of books (46%, 19 Votes)
- I buy physical copies of books and movies all the time (37%, 15 Votes)
- I don’t buy physical copies, they’re too expensive (10%, 4 Votes)
- I only buy physical copies of movies (7%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 41