Staff editorial: 10 things to know before you go to the Grove on Halloween

If you’re headed to the Grove for Halloween, be prepared for more than just a night of ghosts and ghouls. There are a few things to keep in mind if you’d like to live to see November. But, have no fear. We have assembled 10 things to know so you have fun and make it home in one piece.

1. Don’t even think about a cab. Unless you can befriend a driver in the next three days who’ll answer your 2 a.m. phone call when you’re ready to hit those extra-long twins.
  2. New York Pizza will be calling your name, as always. But lines are going to be crazy. P.S. Grove tacos will not satisfy drunk you.
  3. You moose not forget that Mr. Moe’s mixes countless types of alcohol in their infamous concoction.
  4. Take Jenna Marbles’ advice: Marry your shoes for the night. And wear shoes you can actually operate in when you’ve had one too many.
  5. It’s hard to navigate through the crowds to get to the bar. Plan accordingly.
  6. Personal belongings tend to have the habit of slipping away from you, especially when you’re seeing double. Take extra care of your phone and I.D.
  7. Keep tabs on your friends at all times. Don’t get separated from the pack, and come with a charged phone.
  8. This is the perfect opportunity to people watch, but don’t stare for too long. One rude glance at an intoxicated Dexter Morgan may lead to a fight. Never thought you’d see Honey Boo Boo in a cop car.
  9. Take out cash before you get there and leave your plastic at home. Many places have a $10 minimum in order to use a credit card. And, a word to the wise, it’s better to lose cash than your card.

10. This night will be Instagram worthy, but after your sixth tequila shot at Fat Tuesday’s, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...