US economy could thrive under Romney

As we begin the voting period in Florida, most students have made up their minds about who to support.

This year, we’ve seen an amazing presence of Romney support on campus, and it has been a blast to be a part of all the activities over the past couple months.

However, other races that do not receive the same coverage are just as important. In Florida, Connie Mack presents a great alternative to Bill Nelson in the U.S. Senate.  The Democratic Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years, putting us deeper in debt. The House has passed several job bills that the Senate has refused to even vote on.

Mack would help to shift the balance of power away from complacency. Most of the amendments proposed in Florida provide important reforms, including property tax cuts and benefits for veterans and their families. Additionally, a state opt-out of the expensive features of Obamacare is on the ballot. While Democrats will tell you to vote no on these, middle class families would receive much-needed relief.

These are not George W. Bush Republicans. Mitt Romney was elected and successful in one of the most Democratic states in the country. Bush, like President Barack Obama, increased the country’s debt.  Romney and Mack would work to remove our debt, as they have throughout their respective careers.  Together they will ensure that we graduate with less debt and better job opportunities.

Under Obama, nearly half of college graduates are unemployed or working at near-minimum wage levels a year later.  His spending has made it difficult for the programs that we pay into to still be in existence when it is our turn to benefit from them. If you do still plan to vote Obama, I urge you to take away his blank check by voting Republicans into Congress.

It will take a bipartisan effort to get the country back on the right track.

Alexander Alduncin is the president of UM College Republicans.

Alexander Alduncin

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...