US economy could thrive under Romney

As we begin the voting period in Florida, most students have made up their minds about who to support.

This year, we’ve seen an amazing presence of Romney support on campus, and it has been a blast to be a part of all the activities over the past couple months.

However, other races that do not receive the same coverage are just as important. In Florida, Connie Mack presents a great alternative to Bill Nelson in the U.S. Senate.  The Democratic Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years, putting us deeper in debt. The House has passed several job bills that the Senate has refused to even vote on.

Mack would help to shift the balance of power away from complacency. Most of the amendments proposed in Florida provide important reforms, including property tax cuts and benefits for veterans and their families. Additionally, a state opt-out of the expensive features of Obamacare is on the ballot. While Democrats will tell you to vote no on these, middle class families would receive much-needed relief.

These are not George W. Bush Republicans. Mitt Romney was elected and successful in one of the most Democratic states in the country. Bush, like President Barack Obama, increased the country’s debt.  Romney and Mack would work to remove our debt, as they have throughout their respective careers.  Together they will ensure that we graduate with less debt and better job opportunities.

Under Obama, nearly half of college graduates are unemployed or working at near-minimum wage levels a year later.  His spending has made it difficult for the programs that we pay into to still be in existence when it is our turn to benefit from them. If you do still plan to vote Obama, I urge you to take away his blank check by voting Republicans into Congress.

It will take a bipartisan effort to get the country back on the right track.

Alexander Alduncin is the president of UM College Republicans.

Alexander Alduncin

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...