US economy could thrive under Romney

As we begin the voting period in Florida, most students have made up their minds about who to support.

This year, we’ve seen an amazing presence of Romney support on campus, and it has been a blast to be a part of all the activities over the past couple months.

However, other races that do not receive the same coverage are just as important. In Florida, Connie Mack presents a great alternative to Bill Nelson in the U.S. Senate.  The Democratic Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years, putting us deeper in debt. The House has passed several job bills that the Senate has refused to even vote on.

Mack would help to shift the balance of power away from complacency. Most of the amendments proposed in Florida provide important reforms, including property tax cuts and benefits for veterans and their families. Additionally, a state opt-out of the expensive features of Obamacare is on the ballot. While Democrats will tell you to vote no on these, middle class families would receive much-needed relief.

These are not George W. Bush Republicans. Mitt Romney was elected and successful in one of the most Democratic states in the country. Bush, like President Barack Obama, increased the country’s debt.  Romney and Mack would work to remove our debt, as they have throughout their respective careers.  Together they will ensure that we graduate with less debt and better job opportunities.

Under Obama, nearly half of college graduates are unemployed or working at near-minimum wage levels a year later.  His spending has made it difficult for the programs that we pay into to still be in existence when it is our turn to benefit from them. If you do still plan to vote Obama, I urge you to take away his blank check by voting Republicans into Congress.

It will take a bipartisan effort to get the country back on the right track.

Alexander Alduncin is the president of UM College Republicans.

Alexander Alduncin

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...