Football, Sports

Running back Eduardo Clements out for season with injury

The Hurricanes had hoped to use the bye week to recover and rest up for the final four games of the regular season.

Not all went according to plan.

The team announced on Saturday morning that junior running back Eduardo Clements will miss the remainder of the season with an undisclosed injury. Though the exact nature of the injury was not revealed, it was one that Clements suffered last week against Florida State.

Though he will not return to the field this year, head coach Al Golden remains optimistic that Clements will make a full recovery and hopefully be ready to return in the spring.

“I feel really badly for Eduardo. He’s a heart and soul kid,” Golden said following practice on Saturday. “We’ll miss his toughness and his leadership, but he has to stay positive.”

Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch shared similar sentiments, while mentioning that the other running backs will have to step up in his absence.

“It’s disappointing for him. Injuries are personal and I feel bad for [Clements],” he said. “Obviously it’s disappointing for the team because he was such a valuable part of our third downs, a valuable part of our program, and he’s a great leader.”

At the moment only senior Mike James and freshman Duke Johnson are listed on the depth chart at running back, but both Golden and Fisch confirmed that redshirt freshman Dallas Crawford will be listed as the third-string back.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...