News Briefs -10/25

CNL GUTS

Canes Night Live is looking for organizations to participate in its upcoming event, Turn Back the Clock (‘90s Night). Interested organizations will compete in a ‘90s-themed game show called CNL GUTS. GUTS will take place on Nov. 3 from 3 to 6 p.m.

The game consists of four rounds: a Double Dare trivia challenge, a slime obstacle course, bungee basketball and rock climbing.

There is no entry fee, and the winning organization receives an award and a $250 prize. To register or for more information, email UMCanesNightLive@yahoo.com with the subject head “(organization name) is CNL THAT.”

Service

Once a month, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development in conjunction with Catalyst Miami will host an influential leader from the Miami nonprofit world to discuss aspects of nonprofit leadership.

The program is part of the Non-Profit Leadership Series, and Daniella Levine will be the first speaker on Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in UC Ballroom D.

Levine is the CEO and founder of Catalyst Miami, and her talk is titled “Surviving and Thriving as a Leader.” For more information, email leadandserve@miami.edu.

UBike

UBike will be joining Gables Bike Day on Sunday from noon to 2:30 p.m., organizing a three-mile group ride to the event. The second annual Gables Bike Day promotes healthy activities and transportation within Coral Gables.

Miracle Mile eastbound lanes and Ponce de Leon Blvd. will be closed for auto traffic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To sign up, email ubike@miami.edu. For more information, contact campus planner Ricardo Herran at 305-284-6728.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...