News Briefs -10/25

CNL GUTS

Canes Night Live is looking for organizations to participate in its upcoming event, Turn Back the Clock (‘90s Night). Interested organizations will compete in a ‘90s-themed game show called CNL GUTS. GUTS will take place on Nov. 3 from 3 to 6 p.m.

The game consists of four rounds: a Double Dare trivia challenge, a slime obstacle course, bungee basketball and rock climbing.

There is no entry fee, and the winning organization receives an award and a $250 prize. To register or for more information, email UMCanesNightLive@yahoo.com with the subject head “(organization name) is CNL THAT.”

Service

Once a month, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development in conjunction with Catalyst Miami will host an influential leader from the Miami nonprofit world to discuss aspects of nonprofit leadership.

The program is part of the Non-Profit Leadership Series, and Daniella Levine will be the first speaker on Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in UC Ballroom D.

Levine is the CEO and founder of Catalyst Miami, and her talk is titled “Surviving and Thriving as a Leader.” For more information, email leadandserve@miami.edu.

UBike

UBike will be joining Gables Bike Day on Sunday from noon to 2:30 p.m., organizing a three-mile group ride to the event. The second annual Gables Bike Day promotes healthy activities and transportation within Coral Gables.

Miracle Mile eastbound lanes and Ponce de Leon Blvd. will be closed for auto traffic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To sign up, email ubike@miami.edu. For more information, contact campus planner Ricardo Herran at 305-284-6728.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Following a 4-1 victory over No. 13-seed Virginia Tech Thursday in its ACC Championship opener, the ...

The fifth-seeded Miami women's tennis team started ACC Championship competition with a 4-1 vict ...

The Hurricanes will battle fourth-seed NC State in the quarterfinals Friday at 9 a.m. ...

The Canes made a late charge, but fell short at No. 8 Louisville 7-5 ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...