News Briefs -10/25

CNL GUTS

Canes Night Live is looking for organizations to participate in its upcoming event, Turn Back the Clock (‘90s Night). Interested organizations will compete in a ‘90s-themed game show called CNL GUTS. GUTS will take place on Nov. 3 from 3 to 6 p.m.

The game consists of four rounds: a Double Dare trivia challenge, a slime obstacle course, bungee basketball and rock climbing.

There is no entry fee, and the winning organization receives an award and a $250 prize. To register or for more information, email UMCanesNightLive@yahoo.com with the subject head “(organization name) is CNL THAT.”

Service

Once a month, the Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development in conjunction with Catalyst Miami will host an influential leader from the Miami nonprofit world to discuss aspects of nonprofit leadership.

The program is part of the Non-Profit Leadership Series, and Daniella Levine will be the first speaker on Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in UC Ballroom D.

Levine is the CEO and founder of Catalyst Miami, and her talk is titled “Surviving and Thriving as a Leader.” For more information, email leadandserve@miami.edu.

UBike

UBike will be joining Gables Bike Day on Sunday from noon to 2:30 p.m., organizing a three-mile group ride to the event. The second annual Gables Bike Day promotes healthy activities and transportation within Coral Gables.

Miracle Mile eastbound lanes and Ponce de Leon Blvd. will be closed for auto traffic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To sign up, email ubike@miami.edu. For more information, contact campus planner Ricardo Herran at 305-284-6728.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...