Halloween tricks and treats around Miami

As Halloween quickly approaches, costumes are the main concern for most. But where should you go to toil and trouble (hopefully only a little) on All Hallows Eve and the weekend prior?

There will certainly be frat parties and bars serving black witches’ brew and neon orange cocktails galore. The Grove will certainly host its annual lively and rambunctious Halloween festivities that typically bring more than 50,000 costumed celebrators to celebrate.

Yet many Miami residents also trek to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights. The annual event changes the theme park from tame to treacherous with ghastly goblins, skeletons and ghouls, chasing the brave through spooky haunted houses.

But Miami has much more to offer than those typical treats.

House of Horrors at Miami International Mall

For a chilling amusement park closer to home, House of Horrors fits the bill. Although smaller than Horror Nights, vampires, Greek goddesses and nearly any other characters in costume are welcome; just don’t wear masks or face paint. The park features carnival rides and musical acts, and admission costs half that of Universal. The carnival opens at 6 p.m., but the Haunted House opens at sundown.

Now until Wednesday

$23 every night

6 p.m. to midnight

Miami International Mall (East parking lot)

1455 NW 107th Ave., Doral

Houseofhorrorpark.com

Halloween at Deering Estate

If you’re in the spirit for a ghost tour, visit Deering Estate for a paranormal experience. Each tour will discuss the spooky evidence and spine-chilling occurrences that were found by investigators on the estate.

“Spookover” is another great option. Visitors can investigate the estate’s many supernatural events. You’re welcome to discover and record the paranormal presences.

“Be Your Own Investigator” Ghost Tour

Thursday

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

$25

“Spookover”

Friday

11 p.m. to 4 a.m.

$65

16701 SW 72nd Ave., Miami

305-235-1668

deeringestate.org

Trick-or-Treating on Miracle Mile

Embrace your inner kid for the night and trick-or-treat along Miracle Mile. If you’re looking for something to do before you get your party on, or simply do something without being carded, you can walk or drive over to the Mile.

Get dressed in your most tasteful costume and go from shop to shop for free candy. The festivities will also feature kid-scary storytelling, music and other surprises. Bring Fido for a doggie costume contest or grab a few friends to remember the night in the photo booths.

Wednesday

Free

Coral Way (between Douglas Road and LeJeune Road)

Halloween “Sundowner” at Vizcaya

Celebrate Halloween at the historic Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. From the manicured gardens to the yacht dock, any princess or vampire will find themselves perfectly at home. The 21+ event only has one requirement: costumed guests. Drinks, music, dancing and a costume contest will set the night. All proceeds go to the Vizcayans, a nonprofit that funds the preservation, renovation, advancement and avocation of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.

Saturday

8 p.m. to midnight

3251 S. Miami Ave., Miami

305-856-4866

halloweenatvizcaya.com

Marchesa Bergman

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...