Halloween tricks and treats around Miami

As Halloween quickly approaches, costumes are the main concern for most. But where should you go to toil and trouble (hopefully only a little) on All Hallows Eve and the weekend prior?

There will certainly be frat parties and bars serving black witches’ brew and neon orange cocktails galore. The Grove will certainly host its annual lively and rambunctious Halloween festivities that typically bring more than 50,000 costumed celebrators to celebrate.

Yet many Miami residents also trek to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights. The annual event changes the theme park from tame to treacherous with ghastly goblins, skeletons and ghouls, chasing the brave through spooky haunted houses.

But Miami has much more to offer than those typical treats.

House of Horrors at Miami International Mall

For a chilling amusement park closer to home, House of Horrors fits the bill. Although smaller than Horror Nights, vampires, Greek goddesses and nearly any other characters in costume are welcome; just don’t wear masks or face paint. The park features carnival rides and musical acts, and admission costs half that of Universal. The carnival opens at 6 p.m., but the Haunted House opens at sundown.

Now until Wednesday

$23 every night

6 p.m. to midnight

Miami International Mall (East parking lot)

1455 NW 107th Ave., Doral

Houseofhorrorpark.com

Halloween at Deering Estate

If you’re in the spirit for a ghost tour, visit Deering Estate for a paranormal experience. Each tour will discuss the spooky evidence and spine-chilling occurrences that were found by investigators on the estate.

“Spookover” is another great option. Visitors can investigate the estate’s many supernatural events. You’re welcome to discover and record the paranormal presences.

“Be Your Own Investigator” Ghost Tour

Thursday

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

$25

“Spookover”

Friday

11 p.m. to 4 a.m.

$65

16701 SW 72nd Ave., Miami

305-235-1668

deeringestate.org

Trick-or-Treating on Miracle Mile

Embrace your inner kid for the night and trick-or-treat along Miracle Mile. If you’re looking for something to do before you get your party on, or simply do something without being carded, you can walk or drive over to the Mile.

Get dressed in your most tasteful costume and go from shop to shop for free candy. The festivities will also feature kid-scary storytelling, music and other surprises. Bring Fido for a doggie costume contest or grab a few friends to remember the night in the photo booths.

Wednesday

Free

Coral Way (between Douglas Road and LeJeune Road)

Halloween “Sundowner” at Vizcaya

Celebrate Halloween at the historic Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. From the manicured gardens to the yacht dock, any princess or vampire will find themselves perfectly at home. The 21+ event only has one requirement: costumed guests. Drinks, music, dancing and a costume contest will set the night. All proceeds go to the Vizcayans, a nonprofit that funds the preservation, renovation, advancement and avocation of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.

Saturday

8 p.m. to midnight

3251 S. Miami Ave., Miami

305-856-4866

halloweenatvizcaya.com

Marchesa Bergman

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...