V's Take

Dear V, It’s hard because I can’t get in touch with myself…

I’m horny all the time, but I can never find time to take care of myself.  When I’m in my room, my roommate’s always there, and I’m not dating anyone at the moment, so I don’t have somewhere else to go.  Is there a way to tell my roommate to leave for a while without making it obvious that I just want time to masturbate? 

Sincerely, 

So Much For My Happy Ending

Dear Blue-Balled Babe,

What’s your room number?  I’ll come over, and we can put a sock on the door handle and remedy this situation.

Really, there should be no reason to be ashamed that you just want the room empty so you can touch yourself for an hour.  We’re all adults here; we all have needs.  Just tell your roommate you need some “alone time,” and hopefully this person will get the drift.  If not, just be blunt.  No one wants an awkward roommate situation because they accidentally walked in on you.

Or be sneaky and figure out exactly when your roommate’s classes are so you know when you’ve got a little me-time.  Once he or she is gone for that hour or so, make like Speedy Gonzalez with your hands and get it done fast.

You’ve also got the option of taking care of things in the shower. Don’t go while everyone’s in there (believe me, no one wants to hear your “singing”), but a shower around midnight never hurt anyone. You’ll be alone, and you won’t even have to worry about getting cleaned up!

And since you’re not dating anyone, why not look for a friend with benefits? Believe me, you are not the only one on campus with sex on the brain. Plenty of people on campus want to get their rocks off, just like you, so make nice with one of them and voila – maybe you’ll finally get to hang a sock on your doorknob. That’ll also give you a place to run off to when you’re itching for release but roomie’s not leaving.

There’s no reason to be sexually frustrated when there are endless options.  Go find your happy ending, with or without Prince Charming.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...