Obama seemingly widens divide with Israel

It is no secret that Israel is the strongest and most loyal partner to the U.S. in the Middle East region.

Unfortunately, President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton refuse to see Israel as anything more than an annoyance on the Middle Eastern stage.

In an effort to bring peace to the Middle East, the Obama administration is creating a greater rift, a greater divide, between America and Israel. This idea of political correctness and pandering to the enemies of Israel, our strongest ally, started in 2010, when Israeli forces raided a Turkish flotilla headed to the Gaza Strip because the people on the flotilla were provocateurs who were preparing for a violent confrontation with the Israeli Shayetet 13 naval commandos.

Clinton told the media that Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu of the Likud Party did the wrong thing by not apologizing to Turkey.  Netanyahu asked Obama to veto any United Nations Security Council condemnation because the navy commandos attacked only after being attacked themselves by knives and metal sticks, but Obama refused. This was the start to a very shaky relationship between Israel and the U.S.

Recently, Netanyahu gave a speech at the UN General Assembly and drew a clear red line: Iran must not complete Stage 2 of developing enriched uranium. If this red line is not honored, Iran will have an atomic bomb built by the summer of 2013.

This very serious matter was met with Obama refusing to meet with Netanyahu due to a “scheduling conflict.” In other words, Obama did not have time to talk about a Middle East crisis because he was “busy.”

In fact, scheduling was Obama’s excuse for his silence regarding Libya and not showing up to an NAACP convention. Instead of meeting with Netanyahu, he sent Clinton in his place. Geta Van Susteren of Fox News said it perfectly: “Is Hillary Clinton really the president?”

Should not the Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces handle matters of national security? If the answer is yes, as it should be, then it was Obama’s duty to not hold off on meeting with Netanyahu.

This is not only a matter of helping our allies, it is a matter of our national security. Allowing Iran to have a nuclear bomb is the same as allowing Al-Qaeda to have a nuclear bomb. These people do not believe in self-preservation, they would gladly kill themselves to destroy Israel and its inhabitants.

As Iran funds terror that chants, “Death to America and Israel,” Obama remains silent and careful not to alienate his “alliance” with the Muslim world.

It is at this time, on the verge of nuclear threat, that we must demand from Obama the same thing we demanded from Khrushchev during the Kennedy administration. The best way to stop Iran’s nuclear threat is to put pressure on the international community and on Iran to honor the red line Prime Minister Netanyahu.

America must stand with Israel, honor that red line and put an end to Iran’s nuclear project.

The author’s name has been redacted by request.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...