News Briefs – 10/21

Sports Internships

On Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Toppel Career Center Library, Toppel experts will present sports internship opportunities. The session will help address concerns such as finding an internship, choosing the right type of sports internship and working for a local Miami team or one in your hometown. For more information, contact Frits Bigham at fbigham@miami.edu.

Food Day

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement will celebrate the nationwide event Food Day on Wednesday. Food Day promotes the movement for healthy, affordable and sustainable food.  The Well ‘Canes Farmers Market will be held on the Green from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Then, a Community Food Organization Fair that includes nonprofits and campus groups will be held in the UC lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food Day then ends with a film screening and panel discussion at the Wesley College of Arts & Sciences Gallery from 5:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit miami.edu/civic.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...