News Briefs – 10/21

Sports Internships

On Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Toppel Career Center Library, Toppel experts will present sports internship opportunities. The session will help address concerns such as finding an internship, choosing the right type of sports internship and working for a local Miami team or one in your hometown. For more information, contact Frits Bigham at fbigham@miami.edu.

Food Day

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement will celebrate the nationwide event Food Day on Wednesday. Food Day promotes the movement for healthy, affordable and sustainable food.  The Well ‘Canes Farmers Market will be held on the Green from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Then, a Community Food Organization Fair that includes nonprofits and campus groups will be held in the UC lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food Day then ends with a film screening and panel discussion at the Wesley College of Arts & Sciences Gallery from 5:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit miami.edu/civic.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...