News Briefs – 10/21

Sports Internships

On Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Toppel Career Center Library, Toppel experts will present sports internship opportunities. The session will help address concerns such as finding an internship, choosing the right type of sports internship and working for a local Miami team or one in your hometown. For more information, contact Frits Bigham at fbigham@miami.edu.

Food Day

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement will celebrate the nationwide event Food Day on Wednesday. Food Day promotes the movement for healthy, affordable and sustainable food.  The Well ‘Canes Farmers Market will be held on the Green from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Then, a Community Food Organization Fair that includes nonprofits and campus groups will be held in the UC lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food Day then ends with a film screening and panel discussion at the Wesley College of Arts & Sciences Gallery from 5:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit miami.edu/civic.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...