News Briefs – 10/21

Sports Internships

On Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Toppel Career Center Library, Toppel experts will present sports internship opportunities. The session will help address concerns such as finding an internship, choosing the right type of sports internship and working for a local Miami team or one in your hometown. For more information, contact Frits Bigham at fbigham@miami.edu.

Food Day

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement will celebrate the nationwide event Food Day on Wednesday. Food Day promotes the movement for healthy, affordable and sustainable food.  The Well ‘Canes Farmers Market will be held on the Green from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Then, a Community Food Organization Fair that includes nonprofits and campus groups will be held in the UC lower lounge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food Day then ends with a film screening and panel discussion at the Wesley College of Arts & Sciences Gallery from 5:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit miami.edu/civic.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...