UM dean of libraries to step down next spring

UM President Donna E. Shalala announced Friday morning that Bill Walker, the dean of libraries, will step down from his post at the end of the spring semester.

Walker has been with the university since 2003. He currently oversees Richter Library, the Weeks Music Library, and the Newman Information Resource Center. According to Shalala’s statement, Walker was responsible for improving UM’s library system by introducing new technologies and expanding the libraries’ collections.

“He has also been a wonderful citizen of our community,” read a statement issued by Shalala Friday.

Walker’s last day will be May 31, 2013. A committee is currently being assembled to appoint his replacement, who will begin work on June 1, 2013.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...