Ultra Music Festival 2013 will last two weekends, six days

File Photo. A woman dresses from head to toe, detailing her eyes specifically for the 2012 Ultra festival.

The Ultra Music Festival 2013 will be expanding to two weekends. An announcement made by Ultra Music Festival Monday at noon confirmed that the event will be longer in celebration of the electronic music festival’s 15th anniversary.

Ultra released the news on its Facebook page through a video: “Ultra Music Festival will be the first electronic music festival to take place over two big weekends!”

Some excited University of Miami students commented on The Miami Hurricane’s Facebook update.

“Yesss … I went in 2010 and 2011 … 2011 was the best for me since it was the first time they did it as a three-day event and sold out for the first time so quickly… I am hoping they give us the option to choose which weekend we can go to.. so keeping fingers crossed,” UM student Monica Lanuza said.

Others, however, are not so sure that expansion is a good idea.

“It seems the cost of having it for an additional weekend won’t bring in additional revenue for the festival holders,” UM student Grace Helena said. “The only way I can see it working is if they do some major deal on their ticket prices so people who usually think the tickets are too expensive will actually go. Otherwise it seems like the effort isn’t worth it, and it’ll only attract the same demographic that would go to Ultra in the first place, therefore they’ll make less money and it might be a bust overall. Besides, why overdo too much of a good thing? It may lose its novelty that way.”

According to Ultra Festival spokesperson Luke Eastman, tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, but the time has not yet been determined. Also, one ticket will be valid per weekend. To be able to attend the festival during both weekends, you will need to purchase two tickets.

“The best thing to do is stay tuned to the Ultra Facebook and Twitter,” Eastman said.

Dates for the festival were released Tuesday. The festival was expected to run from March 22 to March 24. Now, the festival will last six days – from March 15 to 17, and from March 22 to 24. It will take place at Bayfront Park, at 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets went on sale Tuesday and Wednesday. Visit ultramusicfestival.com for more information. To purchase tickets, visit ultramusicfestival.com/tickets. Visit Facebook.com/ultrafanpage or follow @ultramusic on Twitter for updates.

If you go:

What: Ultra Music Festival 2013

When: March 15-17 and March 22-24

Where: Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd.

Cost: $574.95 for general admission (GA), with the addition of service charges, state taxes and fees. Combination packages are also offered for both weekends at higher prices.

This story will be updated as more information is obtained.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...