Ultra Music Festival 2013 will last two weekends, six days

File Photo. A woman dresses from head to toe, detailing her eyes specifically for the 2012 Ultra festival.

The Ultra Music Festival 2013 will be expanding to two weekends. An announcement made by Ultra Music Festival Monday at noon confirmed that the event will be longer in celebration of the electronic music festival’s 15th anniversary.

Ultra released the news on its Facebook page through a video: “Ultra Music Festival will be the first electronic music festival to take place over two big weekends!”

Some excited University of Miami students commented on The Miami Hurricane’s Facebook update.

“Yesss … I went in 2010 and 2011 … 2011 was the best for me since it was the first time they did it as a three-day event and sold out for the first time so quickly… I am hoping they give us the option to choose which weekend we can go to.. so keeping fingers crossed,” UM student Monica Lanuza said.

Others, however, are not so sure that expansion is a good idea.

“It seems the cost of having it for an additional weekend won’t bring in additional revenue for the festival holders,” UM student Grace Helena said. “The only way I can see it working is if they do some major deal on their ticket prices so people who usually think the tickets are too expensive will actually go. Otherwise it seems like the effort isn’t worth it, and it’ll only attract the same demographic that would go to Ultra in the first place, therefore they’ll make less money and it might be a bust overall. Besides, why overdo too much of a good thing? It may lose its novelty that way.”

According to Ultra Festival spokesperson Luke Eastman, tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, but the time has not yet been determined. Also, one ticket will be valid per weekend. To be able to attend the festival during both weekends, you will need to purchase two tickets.

“The best thing to do is stay tuned to the Ultra Facebook and Twitter,” Eastman said.

Dates for the festival were released Tuesday. The festival was expected to run from March 22 to March 24. Now, the festival will last six days – from March 15 to 17, and from March 22 to 24. It will take place at Bayfront Park, at 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets went on sale Tuesday and Wednesday. Visit ultramusicfestival.com for more information. To purchase tickets, visit ultramusicfestival.com/tickets. Visit Facebook.com/ultrafanpage or follow @ultramusic on Twitter for updates.

If you go:

What: Ultra Music Festival 2013

When: March 15-17 and March 22-24

Where: Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd.

Cost: $574.95 for general admission (GA), with the addition of service charges, state taxes and fees. Combination packages are also offered for both weekends at higher prices.

This story will be updated as more information is obtained.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...