V's Take

Dear V: I’m in lust with a certain columnist…

Dear Voluptuous V,

I have a crush on a crafty writer from The Miami Hurricane newspaper. They way she develops witty responses really gets my blood flowing to certain places. I feel that she is almost too mysterious to ever meet. I constantly feel the urge to share her writings with all my friends. Is there anyway you can help me rack up enough courage to talk to her?

Sincerely,

I’m better in bed than at writing

Dear Anonymous Casanova,

Whoever said I was a girl?  Just because my name is V doesn’t mean it stands for vagina. To put it simply, you don’t even know my gender, not to mention what kind of person I am.
But it seems that by writing in, you have worked up the courage to talk to me – so congratulations on that! I enjoy someone who is bold and takes initiative.
You still won’t get to see me naked though.
There’s no way I could reveal myself. Just imagine how many people would come knocking on my door looking for a fantastically sexy evening if they knew who I was. And then you’d have competition – lots of it.
If you’re turning to a mysterious coulmnist to thrill you, then perhaps there is a bigger issue at hand. Maybe you should look around campus for non-anonymous girls who’ll serve your wit all day (and all night) long.  We’re at a top 50 university, I’m sure you can find some beautiful, intelligent, funny girls around here somewhere. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there in the real world.
So, sorry mysterious suitor, but I’m simply not allowed to reveal my identity lest I lose my job and you lose your favorite writer.  I’m like a super sexy secret agent, so have fun with that fantasy and go off to find a girl who will actually introduce herself to you.

Flattery will get you nowhere,

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...