Concerts worth seeing around Miami

EDM isn’t the only genre that has made its way into Miami’s music scene. However, because of the well-known DJs that take over South Beach on the weekends, other musicians’ concerts are often overlooked. But this fall, local venues are welcoming artists of all genres, and there’s no reason you should miss any of them. Here’s a guide to some of the best upcoming concerts in Miami.

1. Taking Back Sunday

Known for their hits like “MakeDamnSure” and “Liar,” this punk-rock band is staying busy. Following a stint at the Vans Warped Tour and a performance at Penn State’s homecoming concert, the band will be dropping by Revolution Live as part of its Tell All Your Friends tour celebrating its 10-year anniversary.

Taking Back Sunday released its first album, “Tell All Your Friends,” back in 2002, which included hits like “Timberwolves at New Jersey” and “Great Romances of the 20th Century.” If you need a break from all the auto-tuned pop music out there, this can serve as your remedy. Join the band for a trip down memory lane as they relive the songs that gave them their start. Whether you’re hearing them again or for the first time, it’s worth the trip. Be sure to get moving and order your tickets in advance.

The concert is on Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. Tickets are being sold for $27.50 in advance and $30.00 the day of. Revolution Live is located at 100 SW 3rd Ave., Ft. Lauderdale. Call 954-727-0950 or visit ticketmaster.com.

2. Ingrid Michaelson featuring SUGAR + THE HI-LOWS

Ingrid Michaelson will swing by Culture Room on the heels of her newly released album, “Human Again,” for a special performance. The well-known indie-pop artist’s international Fall Acoustic Tour starts off in New York and ends in Cork, Ireland. Anyone who’s been around a TV or radio in the past few years has most likely found themselves humming the lyrics to “The Way I Am,” in which the singer offers up her sweater to her chilly lover.

The hit, which was featured in an Old Navy commercial, was just the start of her career. Since releasing “Girls and Boys” in 2006, she has consistently put out albums each year, with the exception of 2011. Don’t miss the indie sweetheart’s cozy acoustic performance in Ft. Lauderdale.

The concert is on Oct. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are being sold for $25. Culture Room is located at 3045 North Federal Highway, Ft. Lauderdale. Call 954-564-1074 or visit ticketmaster.com.

3. SUM 41

SUM 41 will also hit the Culture Room as part of its “Does This Look Infected?” tour, which celebrates the 10th anniversary of the album. Talk about nostalgia. The band will showcase hits like “Still Waiting” and “The Hell Song,” songs that take you back to the day when punk was everywhere; long before front man Deryck Whibley romanced a certain skater girl known as Avril Lavigne. This event wraps up their North American tour, which is in its final leg. At a small venue like the Culture Room, fans will get the opportunity to see the band a bit more up close than usual. Plus, it’s only $20. And with the band’s high energy, they’ll have even the most resistant of fans diving into the nearest mosh pit.

The concert is on Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. and tickets are being sold for $20. Culture Room is located at 3045 North Federal Highway, Ft. Lauderdale. Call 954-564-1074 or visit ticketmaster.com.

4. 10 Years featuring Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Venejer

The hard rock band’s Cutting Like Knives tour reaches Ft. Lauderdale on Oct. 14. This national tour, following the release of their new album “Minus The Machines,” will feature Fair To Midland’s Ryan Collier on bass guitar. Collier will be filling in for Lewis Cosby, who is soon to be a new father, according to the band’s official website.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus of Middleburg, Fla., will join 10 Years as will hard rock band Venejer. With three bands on the menu, this tour offers up a sweet deal at a good price for those of us who are still hurting from the cost of textbooks and school supplies.

The concert is on Oct. 14 at 6 p.m. and tickets are being sold for $16.50 in advance and $18 the day of. Revolution Live is located at 100 SW 3rd Ave., Ft. Lauderdale. Call 954-727-0950 or visit ticketmaster.com.

5. Sean Paul

Sean Paul’s Jamaican dancehall beat will soon touch down at Revolution Live, featuring music off his 2012 album, “Tomahawk Technique.” The Grammy-winning artist has tracks with Pitbull, Kelly Rowland and Alexis Jordon on this album and recently worked with electro DJ Congorock on “Bless di Nation.”

With his recent radio hits like “She Doesn’t Mind” and “How Deep Is Your Love,” chances are this will sell out quickly so act fast.

The concert is on Oct. 11 at 8 p.m., and tickets are being sold for $26.50 in advance and $28 the day of. Revolution Live is located at 100 SW 3rd Ave., Ft. Lauderdale. Call 954-727-0950 or visit ticketmaster.com.

Ashley Zimmerman

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...