Photo

Indian dance team prepares for fall competition

Neelima Gaddipati and Neelam Menta, both freshmen, practice in a UC ballroom for Thaalam, an Indian dance team. The team performs a fusion of classical and modern Indian dance at on and off campus events as well as competitions. The team will travel to two competitions this semester, but most occur in the spring. Monica Herndon // Assistant Photo Editor 

Monica Herndon

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...