Action Item warms up crowd for Owl City

Drummer Dan Brozek took the stage at Revolution Live on Saturday night before the rest of his bandmates from Action Item. The crowd in the pit, mostly teenage girls, roared through his opening solo while lead singer Brian Cag, keyboardist Mark Shami, bassist David Buckowski and guitarist Anthony Li walked onstage.

Brozek’s solo transitioned into the start of Action Item’s set with “Marching Band.” And the screams continued as they ended their first song with a bang … literally. The rest of the band joined Brozek on percussion, creating a drumline that even made couples in their 30s cheer.

If you checked out a picture of Action Item, you’d most likely think to yourself, “Just another boyband.” But the band’s live show proves otherwise. Each member’s creativity and talent shines throughout their set. Cag knows how to own a crowd and his energy was through the roof during “Learn To Fly” and the band’s new single, “Last Day of Summer.”

And it’s safe to say that the boys are just as charming as they are talented. In the middle of their set, Li told the crowd about some of the embarrassing pictures he has seen of himself on Twitter and Facebook. “We get really into the music and sometimes we don’t look good on stage,” he laughs. The band then gave the audience a picture op with each member doing his best rockstar pose.

Cag announced the end of their 30-minute set with a cover of The Wanted’s “Glad You Came,” which was even better than the original version.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...