Action Item warms up crowd for Owl City

Drummer Dan Brozek took the stage at Revolution Live on Saturday night before the rest of his bandmates from Action Item. The crowd in the pit, mostly teenage girls, roared through his opening solo while lead singer Brian Cag, keyboardist Mark Shami, bassist David Buckowski and guitarist Anthony Li walked onstage.

Brozek’s solo transitioned into the start of Action Item’s set with “Marching Band.” And the screams continued as they ended their first song with a bang … literally. The rest of the band joined Brozek on percussion, creating a drumline that even made couples in their 30s cheer.

If you checked out a picture of Action Item, you’d most likely think to yourself, “Just another boyband.” But the band’s live show proves otherwise. Each member’s creativity and talent shines throughout their set. Cag knows how to own a crowd and his energy was through the roof during “Learn To Fly” and the band’s new single, “Last Day of Summer.”

And it’s safe to say that the boys are just as charming as they are talented. In the middle of their set, Li told the crowd about some of the embarrassing pictures he has seen of himself on Twitter and Facebook. “We get really into the music and sometimes we don’t look good on stage,” he laughs. The band then gave the audience a picture op with each member doing his best rockstar pose.

Cag announced the end of their 30-minute set with a cover of The Wanted’s “Glad You Came,” which was even better than the original version.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...