Jimmy Fallon goes beyond ‘Late Night’

Photo courtesy http://www.givememyremote.com/

Jimmy Fallon has teamed up with producers Charlie Grandy and Amy Ozols for NBC’s upcoming comedy, “Guys With Kids.”

The new TV show follows three dads (played by Anthony Anderson, Jesse Bradford and Zach Cregger) who are dealing with fatherhood, while trying to hold on to their youth. Although it seems been-there-done-that, Anderson insists they aren’t following the usual formula.

“You can go for the quick and easy laugh all the time, but that’s short-lived,” he said. “I applaud [the writers]for allowing us to find the humor in the situations of just parenthood and not, you know, just fart jokes and pee jokes and diaper jokes, and all of that.”

The idea for the show came together after Fallon noticed fathers were becoming more involved in their children’s lives.

“Jimmy said, ‘There’s no show about this,’” Grandy said. “There’s no show about, you know, parenthood improving the life of a dad. It always is sort of encumbered; it changes your life for the negative.”

After filming the show’s first few episodes, Grandy, who has three children, hopes to recreate the experience he had while watching TV with his family as a kid.

“I just want it to be a fun place viewers can come with their families,” he said. “It’s trying to recreate that feeling I had with my family growing up and watching television, those family comedies, you know, NBC ones, but also, ‘Roseanne,’ ‘Growing Pains,’ what have you.”

Anderson agrees with Grandy’s vision.

“It sounds kind of cliché and corny and hokey-dokey, but to bring the family back together again, that’s what I hope for,” he said.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...