Jimmy Fallon goes beyond ‘Late Night’

Photo courtesy http://www.givememyremote.com/

Jimmy Fallon has teamed up with producers Charlie Grandy and Amy Ozols for NBC’s upcoming comedy, “Guys With Kids.”

The new TV show follows three dads (played by Anthony Anderson, Jesse Bradford and Zach Cregger) who are dealing with fatherhood, while trying to hold on to their youth. Although it seems been-there-done-that, Anderson insists they aren’t following the usual formula.

“You can go for the quick and easy laugh all the time, but that’s short-lived,” he said. “I applaud [the writers]for allowing us to find the humor in the situations of just parenthood and not, you know, just fart jokes and pee jokes and diaper jokes, and all of that.”

The idea for the show came together after Fallon noticed fathers were becoming more involved in their children’s lives.

“Jimmy said, ‘There’s no show about this,’” Grandy said. “There’s no show about, you know, parenthood improving the life of a dad. It always is sort of encumbered; it changes your life for the negative.”

After filming the show’s first few episodes, Grandy, who has three children, hopes to recreate the experience he had while watching TV with his family as a kid.

“I just want it to be a fun place viewers can come with their families,” he said. “It’s trying to recreate that feeling I had with my family growing up and watching television, those family comedies, you know, NBC ones, but also, ‘Roseanne,’ ‘Growing Pains,’ what have you.”

Anderson agrees with Grandy’s vision.

“It sounds kind of cliché and corny and hokey-dokey, but to bring the family back together again, that’s what I hope for,” he said.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...