Jimmy Fallon goes beyond ‘Late Night’

Photo courtesy http://www.givememyremote.com/

Jimmy Fallon has teamed up with producers Charlie Grandy and Amy Ozols for NBC’s upcoming comedy, “Guys With Kids.”

The new TV show follows three dads (played by Anthony Anderson, Jesse Bradford and Zach Cregger) who are dealing with fatherhood, while trying to hold on to their youth. Although it seems been-there-done-that, Anderson insists they aren’t following the usual formula.

“You can go for the quick and easy laugh all the time, but that’s short-lived,” he said. “I applaud [the writers]for allowing us to find the humor in the situations of just parenthood and not, you know, just fart jokes and pee jokes and diaper jokes, and all of that.”

The idea for the show came together after Fallon noticed fathers were becoming more involved in their children’s lives.

“Jimmy said, ‘There’s no show about this,’” Grandy said. “There’s no show about, you know, parenthood improving the life of a dad. It always is sort of encumbered; it changes your life for the negative.”

After filming the show’s first few episodes, Grandy, who has three children, hopes to recreate the experience he had while watching TV with his family as a kid.

“I just want it to be a fun place viewers can come with their families,” he said. “It’s trying to recreate that feeling I had with my family growing up and watching television, those family comedies, you know, NBC ones, but also, ‘Roseanne,’ ‘Growing Pains,’ what have you.”

Anderson agrees with Grandy’s vision.

“It sounds kind of cliché and corny and hokey-dokey, but to bring the family back together again, that’s what I hope for,” he said.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...