News Briefs – 9/6

Farmers Market Returns

‘Canes Farmers Market will return to the Coral Gables campus on Sept. 19. It will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. along the walkway between the Richter Library and the post office. The market features locally grown and organic produce, baked goods, local honey, marinades and more.

A joint initiative of the Office of Human Resources and Student Government, the on-campus farmers market was launched in fall 2010.

Vote for Sebastian

Sebastian the Ibis is in the running for the 2012 Capital One Mascot of the Year. Sebastian is currently up against the University of Nevada’s Wolfie Jr.

The top eight mascots with the best head-to-head records will then compete in a bracket-style, single-elimination competition in order to determine the overall winner. Online voting opened Monday and will continue weekly through Nov. 26. Visit capitalonebowl.com to vote for Sebastian.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...