Watch movies under the stars in Miami Beach

Looking for a way to unwind during the stressful school week? All you need is a blanket, a bottle of wine (for those of age, of course) and your best buds, then head over to the Miami Beach SoundScape ExoStage.

The SoundScape Cinema Series is part of the Arts in the Park program by the city of Miami Beach.

Featuring a 7,000-square-foot projection wall, spending the night lying under the stars while watching one of your favorite movies is no longer something you only see in the movies.

Last season, the SoundScape Cinema Series screened “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Ghostbusters” and “Chicago.”

This free weekly series happens on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., with other well-known films like “Moulin Rouge” and “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”

The Miami Beach SoundScape ExoStage is located at the corner of 17th Street and Washington Avenue.

If You Go:

Where: Miami Beach SoundScape ExoStage, located at 17th St. and Washington Ave.
When: Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Lauren Cohen

Contributing Edge Writer

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...