Dining Services add more late-night options

Effective last fall, students were able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, operates from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday through Saturday.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” Director of Dining Services Ana Alvarez said.

The menu features several meal options, ranging from breakfast to dessert items. It also includes an omelet station, which allows students to customize their own omelets, and includes other stations for grilled items including hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station offers students a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options.

Students, especially freshmen, who do not have easy access to on-campus eateries, look forward to this dining option at the start of the semester.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late-night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...