Dining Services add more late-night options

Effective last fall, students were able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, operates from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday through Saturday.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” Director of Dining Services Ana Alvarez said.

The menu features several meal options, ranging from breakfast to dessert items. It also includes an omelet station, which allows students to customize their own omelets, and includes other stations for grilled items including hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station offers students a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options.

Students, especially freshmen, who do not have easy access to on-campus eateries, look forward to this dining option at the start of the semester.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late-night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

University of Miami student Kayla Crews has always been fascinated with Japan and its culture. Parti ...

School of Communication senior Leah Brown attended Cannes Lions Festival, one of the largest annual ...

A University of Miami engineering faculty member discusses how California’s infrastructure fared dur ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...