Dining Services add more late-night options

Effective last fall, students were able to sink their teeth into the new “Late Night Dining” option at the Hecht-Stanford Dining Hall.

This program, which is offered by the University of Miami Department of Dining Services in collaboration with Chartwells, operates from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday through Saturday.

“The decision to pilot the program came as a result of campus surveys, town hall meetings and Student Government input and feedback,” Director of Dining Services Ana Alvarez said.

The menu features several meal options, ranging from breakfast to dessert items. It also includes an omelet station, which allows students to customize their own omelets, and includes other stations for grilled items including hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, chicken sandwiches and fries. The Sandwich Central Station offers students a menu that includes both hot and cold deli options.

Students, especially freshmen, who do not have easy access to on-campus eateries, look forward to this dining option at the start of the semester.

“Since I don’t have a car on campus, it is really convenient that the school has a late-night dining program in case I crave a midnight snack,” said freshman Kenny Langer.

Jackie Salo

Fueled by changes in communication and storytelling, the School of Communication’s Interactive Media ...

Two new online platforms help University of Miami students discover opportunities to get involved on ...

The deadline to register for the Florida presidential primary is Tuesday, Feb. 18. One student is en ...

A University panel of experts will look at the possible prevention and treatment of opioid addiction ...

As northwestern Europe braces for Storm Dennis, a University of Miami tropical cyclone expert explai ...