News Briefs 4/26

Happy Hour

The Lowe Art Museum presents the last LoweDown of the season in conjunction with Miami Museum Month and Membership Appreciation Evening. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, enjoy live Mariachi music, light Mexican fare and cocktails courtesy of Bacardi. Beverages provided by Vita Coco and Vitamin Water Zero. The event will be held at the museum on May 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is $10 or free for Lowe members.

Senior Mwambo

The Senior Mwambo is an African rite of passage ceremony that marks the transition of black graduates from their lives at the University of Miami to advanced education and professional careers.The ceremony will recognize the accomplishments of black graduates and their families. Undergraduate and graduate students who have applied for graduation are encouraged to participate in the Senior Mwambo Ceremony on May 10 from 2 to 5 p.m. Cap and Gown are required in order to participate. Graduates must RSVP at miami.edu/msa/seniormwambo.

Commencement

Students participating in the May 2012 commencement ceremonies on May 10 and 11 should pick up regalia at the Toppel Career Center on May 8-May 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.  This excludes students in the School of Law and Miller School of Medicine. The official UM stole will be available for purchase. For more information, visit miami.edu/commencement, call 305-284-1824 or email commencement@miami.edu.

Off The Wire

Be a part of the audience during a taping of Off The Wire, UMTV’s award-winning late night comedy show, on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. in Studio C in the School of Communication Wolfson Building.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.