Pictures worth 1,000 words

Pinterest is the new addiction because its potential uses are limitless. With an account, users can “pin” pictures of interesting things they come across on the website and organize them into labeled folders or “boards.”

Better yet, the pictures will lead you to websites with related content. Craving that garlic lemon pasta you just scrolled past? Click the photo to get the recipe. With a little creativity, Pinterest can be as useful for planning as it is for procrastinating while you’re studying for tomorrow’s math exam.

The food

Chocolate-covered pretzels, tomato and avocado grilled cheese sandwiches, and chicken enchilada pasta are just some of the delicious recipes you can find on Pinterest. Look under the “Food and Drinks” tab to find mouthwatering recipes, or search for one you already have in mind. The pictures themselves are so enticing, they are enough to make you hungry. And there’s more than just the traditional recipes. Green tea cupcakes and lavender flower jelly, anyone?

Adventures

If you’re dreaming of backpacking after graduation or just taking a weekend getaway with some friends, turn to Pinterest for interesting places to visit.  Discover new destinations or check out specific spots you have in mind. Search “Italy” to find photos of popular landmarks and start planning your visit.

Work it out

It’s only natural for exercise routines to get boring. But Pinterest offers regimens that’ll keep you busy. Look up “workout plans” or “exercise” in the search engine to find basic routines or a plan to get those summer abs.

Bucket list

Pin up pictures of sky diving, the beautiful French Riviera, or New Year’s Eve in Times Square onto your board. Find new things to add to your list that might have never have occurred to you, like running a marathon or diving in the Great Barrier Reef. A constant visual reminder of your goals is a good way to motivate you to achieve them.

Shivani Jani

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...