Pictures worth 1,000 words

Pinterest is the new addiction because its potential uses are limitless. With an account, users can “pin” pictures of interesting things they come across on the website and organize them into labeled folders or “boards.”

Better yet, the pictures will lead you to websites with related content. Craving that garlic lemon pasta you just scrolled past? Click the photo to get the recipe. With a little creativity, Pinterest can be as useful for planning as it is for procrastinating while you’re studying for tomorrow’s math exam.

The food

Chocolate-covered pretzels, tomato and avocado grilled cheese sandwiches, and chicken enchilada pasta are just some of the delicious recipes you can find on Pinterest. Look under the “Food and Drinks” tab to find mouthwatering recipes, or search for one you already have in mind. The pictures themselves are so enticing, they are enough to make you hungry. And there’s more than just the traditional recipes. Green tea cupcakes and lavender flower jelly, anyone?

Adventures

If you’re dreaming of backpacking after graduation or just taking a weekend getaway with some friends, turn to Pinterest for interesting places to visit.  Discover new destinations or check out specific spots you have in mind. Search “Italy” to find photos of popular landmarks and start planning your visit.

Work it out

It’s only natural for exercise routines to get boring. But Pinterest offers regimens that’ll keep you busy. Look up “workout plans” or “exercise” in the search engine to find basic routines or a plan to get those summer abs.

Bucket list

Pin up pictures of sky diving, the beautiful French Riviera, or New Year’s Eve in Times Square onto your board. Find new things to add to your list that might have never have occurred to you, like running a marathon or diving in the Great Barrier Reef. A constant visual reminder of your goals is a good way to motivate you to achieve them.

Shivani Jani

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...