Pictures worth 1,000 words

Pinterest is the new addiction because its potential uses are limitless. With an account, users can “pin” pictures of interesting things they come across on the website and organize them into labeled folders or “boards.”

Better yet, the pictures will lead you to websites with related content. Craving that garlic lemon pasta you just scrolled past? Click the photo to get the recipe. With a little creativity, Pinterest can be as useful for planning as it is for procrastinating while you’re studying for tomorrow’s math exam.

The food

Chocolate-covered pretzels, tomato and avocado grilled cheese sandwiches, and chicken enchilada pasta are just some of the delicious recipes you can find on Pinterest. Look under the “Food and Drinks” tab to find mouthwatering recipes, or search for one you already have in mind. The pictures themselves are so enticing, they are enough to make you hungry. And there’s more than just the traditional recipes. Green tea cupcakes and lavender flower jelly, anyone?

Adventures

If you’re dreaming of backpacking after graduation or just taking a weekend getaway with some friends, turn to Pinterest for interesting places to visit.  Discover new destinations or check out specific spots you have in mind. Search “Italy” to find photos of popular landmarks and start planning your visit.

Work it out

It’s only natural for exercise routines to get boring. But Pinterest offers regimens that’ll keep you busy. Look up “workout plans” or “exercise” in the search engine to find basic routines or a plan to get those summer abs.

Bucket list

Pin up pictures of sky diving, the beautiful French Riviera, or New Year’s Eve in Times Square onto your board. Find new things to add to your list that might have never have occurred to you, like running a marathon or diving in the Great Barrier Reef. A constant visual reminder of your goals is a good way to motivate you to achieve them.

Shivani Jani

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...