V's Take

Dear V: I want to get my way with extracurricular persuasion…

I’m a total idiot. I completely forgot that I had to do this assignment, and I don’t know what to do. I screwed up. Really bad. It was worth like half of my grade. And now I don’t think my professor is going to accept it. My friend and I are always joking that he and I flirt during class, and that I should try to flirt my way out of it. Any suggestions?

Signed,

Profess my love

Dear Prostituting for a Grade,

No. No. No. No. No. NO! Are you serious? This sounds like the worst idea ever.

OK, maybe not the worst idea ever, but still pretty bad. I mean, you start flirting out of a late assignment and the next thing you know you’ll be bruising your knees for the final. You’ll get yourself in trouble in every sense of the word and no late assignment is worth it.

In fact, what will probably happen is that you’ll try to start poorly flirting, he’ll catch on, realize what you’re doing, and not only will you have a bad grade, but you’ll find yourself with some university discipline issues.

Did you ever just consider being … oh, I don’t know, honest? Maybe just tell him straight up what happened. You were still slightly feeling the effects of the drugs you took at Ultra and you completely blanked about what you had to turn in.

He might be impressed and commend you for your honesty and be willing to take it late. Or just laugh at you and give you the failing grade you deserve.

In all seriousness, flirting with the professor isn’t the way to a good grade. Flirting with all of the smart kids in the class to convince them to let you have a copy of their notes and teach you all of the material two hours before the test is.

I’m sure he has a late policy for classwork. And if he doesn’t, book an after-hours appointment in his office to convince him to. Or is that exactly what I’ve been preaching against this whole time?

You’re supposed to flirt your way to the top of the job market, not the class. Your flirting skills should be put to better use, like on potential job employers after graduation or a rich man who has enough money to take care of you for the rest of your life.

Now go flirt with your English assignment that’s due tomorrow!

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...