V's Take

Dear V: I want to get my way with extracurricular persuasion…

I’m a total idiot. I completely forgot that I had to do this assignment, and I don’t know what to do. I screwed up. Really bad. It was worth like half of my grade. And now I don’t think my professor is going to accept it. My friend and I are always joking that he and I flirt during class, and that I should try to flirt my way out of it. Any suggestions?

Signed,

Profess my love

Dear Prostituting for a Grade,

No. No. No. No. No. NO! Are you serious? This sounds like the worst idea ever.

OK, maybe not the worst idea ever, but still pretty bad. I mean, you start flirting out of a late assignment and the next thing you know you’ll be bruising your knees for the final. You’ll get yourself in trouble in every sense of the word and no late assignment is worth it.

In fact, what will probably happen is that you’ll try to start poorly flirting, he’ll catch on, realize what you’re doing, and not only will you have a bad grade, but you’ll find yourself with some university discipline issues.

Did you ever just consider being … oh, I don’t know, honest? Maybe just tell him straight up what happened. You were still slightly feeling the effects of the drugs you took at Ultra and you completely blanked about what you had to turn in.

He might be impressed and commend you for your honesty and be willing to take it late. Or just laugh at you and give you the failing grade you deserve.

In all seriousness, flirting with the professor isn’t the way to a good grade. Flirting with all of the smart kids in the class to convince them to let you have a copy of their notes and teach you all of the material two hours before the test is.

I’m sure he has a late policy for classwork. And if he doesn’t, book an after-hours appointment in his office to convince him to. Or is that exactly what I’ve been preaching against this whole time?

You’re supposed to flirt your way to the top of the job market, not the class. Your flirting skills should be put to better use, like on potential job employers after graduation or a rich man who has enough money to take care of you for the rest of your life.

Now go flirt with your English assignment that’s due tomorrow!

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...