Live your one life responsibly

You’ve probably heard Drake’s “The Motto” which repeats you only live once (YOLO) several times. Now, everyone’s shouting out YOLO.
YOLO is in a sense this generation’s “carpe diem.” While taking advantage of what life has to offer is important, some people may be taking YOLO too far.
It has become common to use YOLO as an excuse to make decisions. Some people go around using it to explain rash choices they’ll probably regret later.
We have to enter the professional world one day. Every action has a consequence. I like to follow a lesser-known trend, YOGO, which stands for You Obey God Only. A rapper named Jin created a song entitled YOGO in response to Drakes song “The Motto.”
Whether you believe in YOLO or YOGO, you need to live responsibly.

Taylor Duckett is a freshman majoring in political science.

Taylor Duckett

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...