Chick-fil-A should make its way to our campus

The University of Miami has few flaws. The perfect weather, awesome academics, historic sports teams and the mascot with the most swag: Yes, it’s great to be a Miami Hurricane. Yet there is a void in the heart of our campus.

Every day we eat. Some of us eat regularly in the dining halls while others take a different route and enjoy the variety at the food court. However, I am tired of the limited choices in food options: Panda Express, Wendy’s, Jamba Juice and Salsaritas. The other options (Mango & Manny’s, Sushi Maki, Niko’s) don’t satisfy my hunger either. I can’t be the only one who feels the same way.

I want UM to build a Chick-fil-A in the new Student Activities Center. The nearest one is in Dadeland Mall, buried in the food court. Good luck trying to get there and back between classes with the traffic on US-1.

Join me as I campaign Chick-fil-A to expand its horizons to UM. Sign my petition (tinyurl.com/UMiamiCFA) asking Chick-fil-A to consider the U for its next location. When the voices of the students become unified toward a common mission, anything can be achieved.

The University of Miami is always growing; the skyline by Lake Osceola is changing with the addition of the Student Activities Center. Hopefully, in a year and half, our food options on campus will change as well with the construction of a Chick-fil-A on campus. Let your voices be heard.

Seth Furman

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...