4/2 News Briefs

Edible Books

The UM Libraries third annual Edible Books Festival will be held on Monday from noon to 2 p.m. at the Richter Library lobby. Participants will submit entries that relate to books and reading, and must be edible. After the judging, participants and viewers will be able to eat the creations. There will be prizes for “Wittiest Pun,” “Most Edible” and “Best in Show.” For more information, call head of special collections Cristina Favretto at 305-284-3247 or email um.ediblebooks@gmail.com.

Guest Lecture

On Tuesday, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Merrick Building room 210-01, the College of Arts and Sciences and the department of modern languages and literatures will present a lecture by Eric Kligerman, an associate professor of German and Jewish studies at the University of Florida. He will discuss the cinematic representations of the Holocaust set in German-occupied France in Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” and Marcel Ophuls’s “The Sorrow and the Pity.” For more information, call Mary Mezzano at 305-284-5585 or email her at m.mezzano@miami.edu.

Passes

There is still time to purchase a yoga or studio cycling pass at the Wellness Center on Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. These passes for the spring semester are priced at $30 for student members and $48 for non-student members. A semester pass allows members unlimited access to all the classes on the schedule. To purchase a pass, visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite located on the second floor of the Wellness Center. For more information, call 305-284-LIFE (5433).

Symposium

Dr. Neil Baldwin will speak at “One Writer’s Journey: From Small Press Poetry to E-Book Novel, with Many and Varied Stops Along the Way” on Thursday at the CAS Gallery/Wesley House. There will be a reception at 4:30 p.m. and the lecture will start at 5 p.m. Baldwin is an Emmy-nominated writer who has published three volumes of poetry, three textbooks, three biographies and has won several awards for his work. To RSVP, email provost@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...