Photo

I-Week Africa and Middle Eastern Night

Jose Maestri, senior, exhales smoke from the hookah on the University Center patio Tuesday night during the Middle Easter night of International Week. "Hookah to me is very relaxing,"says Maestri, "It's a way to let loose and escape." Every night this week COISO hosts a different culture, bringing their art, music, dance, food, and other live performances to students to spread cultural understanding and awareness. The theme this year is "Legends Never Die," and each night has a skit incorporating this overarching theme. Thursday will be Latin American and Carribean Night, Friday will be Pacific Islander night, and Saturday will be the COISO banquet, tickets for which are $10. Each night, activities begin at 6:30, for more information, check out their facebook page. Holly Bensur//The Miami Hurricane

Cayla Nimmo

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...