One-man band shows off talent

There aren’t many one-man bands out there, but The Ready Set’s Jordan Witzigreuter does it all. He writes and records his music, sings, plays the drums, keyboard and bass, and now he’s on tour with Breathe Carolina.

As a one-member band, Witzigreuter usually records the majority of his music alone.

“It’s all me in the studio, pretty much,” he said. “If there’s drums, I’ll play that, but for the most part it’s electronic.”

Fall Out Boy’s bassist Pete Wentz signed Witzigreuter to his label, Decaydance Records, in 2009. He collaborated with Witzigreuter on his album “I’m Alive, I’m Dreaming.”

“He’s one of those kinds of people that gives good advice,” Witzigreuter said. “He’s been through everything and so he can kind of be like, ‘Don’t do this,’ or, ‘This is what I did.’”

Though young, the 22-year-old has learned from his experience in the music industry.

“Focus first on writing good songs and being happy with what you’re doing,” he said. “And then once you have that, you know that’s the most important part of it. Try everything you possibly can to get out there and tour and be as busy as possible.”

Witzigreuter appears to follow that advice.

“We have a new song coming out soon,” he said. “A new album will be out probably by the end of the summer. I have a ton of new songs just waiting to be put out.”t.”

Witzigreuter will join Breathe Carolina on stage at The Fair on Friday at 9 p.m. Tickets are free with admission to The Fair.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...