News Briefs 3/8

Plagiarism

The Writing Center Workshop Series presents “Citation and Safe Assignment” as a way to reach out to all members of the university’s community.

Writers at all levels are invited to the Hecht Residential College Room 101 on March 27 at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter or call 305-284-2956.

Kony 2012

UM’s Invisible Children club is having a screening of “Kony 2012.” The roadies from the national Invisible Children office will be on campus to raise awareness about Joseph Kony.

Invisible Children is a nation-wide movement dedicated to raising awareness for and assisting the victims of the Lord’s Resistance Army in East Africa. According to them, he is “one of the world’s worst war criminals” because he has abducted more than 30,000 children and forced them to become soldiers. The screening will take place March 27 at 5 p.m. in UC Ballroom B.

Violin Day

The Frost School of Music is hosting Violin Day on March 20 at the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. The all-day event will feature music performances.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com. 

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...