News Briefs 3/8

Plagiarism

The Writing Center Workshop Series presents “Citation and Safe Assignment” as a way to reach out to all members of the university’s community.

Writers at all levels are invited to the Hecht Residential College Room 101 on March 27 at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter or call 305-284-2956.

Kony 2012

UM’s Invisible Children club is having a screening of “Kony 2012.” The roadies from the national Invisible Children office will be on campus to raise awareness about Joseph Kony.

Invisible Children is a nation-wide movement dedicated to raising awareness for and assisting the victims of the Lord’s Resistance Army in East Africa. According to them, he is “one of the world’s worst war criminals” because he has abducted more than 30,000 children and forced them to become soldiers. The screening will take place March 27 at 5 p.m. in UC Ballroom B.

Violin Day

The Frost School of Music is hosting Violin Day on March 20 at the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. The all-day event will feature music performances.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com. 

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...