News Briefs 3/8

Plagiarism

The Writing Center Workshop Series presents “Citation and Safe Assignment” as a way to reach out to all members of the university’s community.

Writers at all levels are invited to the Hecht Residential College Room 101 on March 27 at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter or call 305-284-2956.

Kony 2012

UM’s Invisible Children club is having a screening of “Kony 2012.” The roadies from the national Invisible Children office will be on campus to raise awareness about Joseph Kony.

Invisible Children is a nation-wide movement dedicated to raising awareness for and assisting the victims of the Lord’s Resistance Army in East Africa. According to them, he is “one of the world’s worst war criminals” because he has abducted more than 30,000 children and forced them to become soldiers. The screening will take place March 27 at 5 p.m. in UC Ballroom B.

Violin Day

The Frost School of Music is hosting Violin Day on March 20 at the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. The all-day event will feature music performances.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com. 

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...