V's Take

Dear V: I want to know if my friend plays for the other team…

My best friend and I have been hooking up recently whenever we are drunk together. But now I am starting to develop feelings for him. What do I do about this?

Confused Bromance

Dear Not Just Besties,

Well, first thing would be to find out if your biffle also identifies with the not-so-straight crowd. It’s going to be hard to move past just alcohol-induced third base if he’s not willing to bat for the same team when he’s sober. He might say, “Four balls? I’m walking,” and be out of there.

If you two are at least in agreement about which gender is not only fun to touch, but good to date, then it sounds like we are making some progress.

Call me stupid, but if this is your best friend, with whom I assume you often drink, and you two are getting handsy and maybe even mouthy every time you two get drunk, you guys have wiped semen off each other’s chests more than a few times.

Have you two not discussed this the days after your hookups? No “Hey bro, can we talk about last night?” Just ask him how he feels about it!

Of course, you can try to continue down the friends-with-benefits path. Keep being friends … just ones who also have a drunk liking for each other’s penises. What better than someone you can watch the game with and stroke you while you do it?

In my experience though, this is only going to further complicate things. In every FWB relationship, someone ultimately isn’t able to keep it just friends and becomes attached. It sounds like you’re already going down this sticky path.

You two really need to sit down together and stroke things out … ahem. Work things out. Continuing to loosen each other up with tequila so that you can lick the other’s salt and finish with the suck of a lime is going to ultimately ruin your friendship when someone gets emotionally hurt.

Sit down and talk it through, or just cut it out. You can trust V on this one.

It’s gay if it’s only in a two-way,

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...