V's Take

Dear V: I want to know if my friend plays for the other team…

My best friend and I have been hooking up recently whenever we are drunk together. But now I am starting to develop feelings for him. What do I do about this?

Confused Bromance

Dear Not Just Besties,

Well, first thing would be to find out if your biffle also identifies with the not-so-straight crowd. It’s going to be hard to move past just alcohol-induced third base if he’s not willing to bat for the same team when he’s sober. He might say, “Four balls? I’m walking,” and be out of there.

If you two are at least in agreement about which gender is not only fun to touch, but good to date, then it sounds like we are making some progress.

Call me stupid, but if this is your best friend, with whom I assume you often drink, and you two are getting handsy and maybe even mouthy every time you two get drunk, you guys have wiped semen off each other’s chests more than a few times.

Have you two not discussed this the days after your hookups? No “Hey bro, can we talk about last night?” Just ask him how he feels about it!

Of course, you can try to continue down the friends-with-benefits path. Keep being friends … just ones who also have a drunk liking for each other’s penises. What better than someone you can watch the game with and stroke you while you do it?

In my experience though, this is only going to further complicate things. In every FWB relationship, someone ultimately isn’t able to keep it just friends and becomes attached. It sounds like you’re already going down this sticky path.

You two really need to sit down together and stroke things out … ahem. Work things out. Continuing to loosen each other up with tequila so that you can lick the other’s salt and finish with the suck of a lime is going to ultimately ruin your friendship when someone gets emotionally hurt.

Sit down and talk it through, or just cut it out. You can trust V on this one.

It’s gay if it’s only in a two-way,

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...