Photo

Greek Week O-Cheer

SIGMA STANCE: (From left) Freshmen Brian Josefat, Austin Kollefrath, George Coritsidis and Clay Richardson perform in Friday’s Greek Week Organized Cheer event. Josefat, Kollefrath and Richardson are members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon; Coritsidis is a member of Sigma Alpha Mu. The group is pointing at the girls of the Sigma Delta Tau sorority, who were part of the blue team during Greek Week along with SAE and SAM. SAE and SAM’s dance and skit during O-Cheer focused on Superman, the superhero assigned to the blue team during Greek Week. The red team, which consisted of Delta Delta Delta, the Multiethnic Greek Council and Beta Theta Pi, was the winner of Friday’s O-Cheer. The orange team, which comprised Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Delta Theta and the National Panhellenic Council, won Greek Week overall. Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other every year in competitions like O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for United Cerebral Palsy. Monica Herndon//The Miami Hurricane

Cayla Nimmo

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...