Photo

Greek Week O-Cheer

SIGMA STANCE: (From left) Freshmen Brian Josefat, Austin Kollefrath, George Coritsidis and Clay Richardson perform in Friday’s Greek Week Organized Cheer event. Josefat, Kollefrath and Richardson are members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon; Coritsidis is a member of Sigma Alpha Mu. The group is pointing at the girls of the Sigma Delta Tau sorority, who were part of the blue team during Greek Week along with SAE and SAM. SAE and SAM’s dance and skit during O-Cheer focused on Superman, the superhero assigned to the blue team during Greek Week. The red team, which consisted of Delta Delta Delta, the Multiethnic Greek Council and Beta Theta Pi, was the winner of Friday’s O-Cheer. The orange team, which comprised Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Delta Theta and the National Panhellenic Council, won Greek Week overall. Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other every year in competitions like O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for United Cerebral Palsy. Monica Herndon//The Miami Hurricane

Cayla Nimmo

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...