News Briefs 2/27

Law Review

Former Congolese child soldier Tchicaya Missamou will speak at the National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review Symposium. Washington and Lee School of Law professor Mark Drumbi and President of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies Saby Ghoshray will join Missamou in three short lectures. The event is free and open to the public. It will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday at the Storer Auditorium, For more information, email Theodore Massey at tmassey@students.law.miami.edu.

Music Lecture

Pulitzer Prize-winning and Grammy-nominated composer Ellen Taaffe Zwilich will present a free lecture on Friday at 8 a.m. at the Gusman Concert Hall.  The lecture is part of the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation Distinguished Visitors Series, which brings artists, scholars and music industry leaders together at the Frost School of Music for the benefit of its students and the community. For more information or to reserve free tickets, call 305-284-4940 or visit music.miami.edu/concerts.

Italian film

UM’s Italian film series, Cineforum, presents “Una vita tranquilla” (“A Quiet Life”). Admission is free and all films are in Italian with English subtitles. The screening will be on Wednesday from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Learning Center, room 110.For more information, call Mary Mezzano at 305-284-5585 or email her at m.mezzano@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...