News Briefs 2/27

Law Review

Former Congolese child soldier Tchicaya Missamou will speak at the National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review Symposium. Washington and Lee School of Law professor Mark Drumbi and President of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies Saby Ghoshray will join Missamou in three short lectures. The event is free and open to the public. It will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday at the Storer Auditorium, For more information, email Theodore Massey at tmassey@students.law.miami.edu.

Music Lecture

Pulitzer Prize-winning and Grammy-nominated composer Ellen Taaffe Zwilich will present a free lecture on Friday at 8 a.m. at the Gusman Concert Hall.  The lecture is part of the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation Distinguished Visitors Series, which brings artists, scholars and music industry leaders together at the Frost School of Music for the benefit of its students and the community. For more information or to reserve free tickets, call 305-284-4940 or visit music.miami.edu/concerts.

Italian film

UM’s Italian film series, Cineforum, presents “Una vita tranquilla” (“A Quiet Life”). Admission is free and all films are in Italian with English subtitles. The screening will be on Wednesday from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Learning Center, room 110.For more information, call Mary Mezzano at 305-284-5585 or email her at m.mezzano@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...