News Briefs 2/20

Photography

Film production Professor Jeffrey Stern will present his new photography exhibit, “Legerdemain,” at the University of Miami’s Wynwood Project Space in Downtown Miami on Friday. An Emmy-nominated filmmaker, Stern is also known for working with sound editing in films and television shows like “Silence of the Lambs,” “Goodfellas” and “Boardwalk Empire.” The exhibit is located at 2200A NW 2 Ave. For more information, call 305-284-2543 or email m.cardoso1@miami.edu.

Ethics Films

The next film in the ethics film series will be screened at the Bill Cosford Cinema on Feb. 28 at 6:15 p.m. Titled “Blood Coltan,” the film explores Western consumerism in relation to the death of innocent people. The screening is followed by a debate, and no RSVP or entrance fee is necessary. For more information, call UM ethics program at 305-243-5723.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...