News Briefs: 2/6

Queer Studies
The Queer Studies Research Group is having a meeting on Wednesday from 3:45 to 5 p.m. at the Dooley Memorial Building in 125D.  The group meets three times each semester to discuss topics of interests relating to LGBT issues. For more information, email English associate professor Brenna Munro at bmunro@miami.edu.

Integrity Week
This week, the Undergraduate Honor Council will host Academic Integrity (AI) Week. Each day features a different event related to an aspect of informing students about the university’s Honor Code.

Monday – “Pledge the Code” will take place at the Rock from noon to 2 p.m. There will be free ice cream provided by Wall’s. There will be a film screening of “Quiz Show” at 7 p.m. at the I-lounge.
Tuesday – “Introduction to Academic Integrity” will be featured at the I-lounge from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with the Academic Resource Center. Free pizza and drinks will be served.
Wednesday An Academic Integrity Forum will be presented at the McLamore Executive Education Center on the 3rd floor.
Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Jim Larrañaga oftentimes told Bruce Brown that his path to a successful NBA career was at the point ...

Following a win in its first road game of the season, the Miami men's basketball team will resu ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Emma Langlois and five members of the men's cross country team return to Tallahassee for the NC ...