News Briefs: 2/6

Queer Studies
The Queer Studies Research Group is having a meeting on Wednesday from 3:45 to 5 p.m. at the Dooley Memorial Building in 125D.  The group meets three times each semester to discuss topics of interests relating to LGBT issues. For more information, email English associate professor Brenna Munro at bmunro@miami.edu.

Integrity Week
This week, the Undergraduate Honor Council will host Academic Integrity (AI) Week. Each day features a different event related to an aspect of informing students about the university’s Honor Code.

Monday – “Pledge the Code” will take place at the Rock from noon to 2 p.m. There will be free ice cream provided by Wall’s. There will be a film screening of “Quiz Show” at 7 p.m. at the I-lounge.
Tuesday – “Introduction to Academic Integrity” will be featured at the I-lounge from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with the Academic Resource Center. Free pizza and drinks will be served.
Wednesday An Academic Integrity Forum will be presented at the McLamore Executive Education Center on the 3rd floor.
Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...