News Briefs 2/2

Israel Lecture

Rivka Carmi, president of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel, will give a lecture, “Reimagining the Ivory Tower: The Responsibility of Academia to Society.” Professor Carmi will be introduced by UM President Donna E. Shalala. The event will take place at the Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies auditorium in the Merrick Building on Tuesday at 8 p.m.

Basketball Contest

Shoot some hoops at the three-point shooting contest at the Wellness Center on Monday. Registration is happening the day of the contest. To sign up, go to the outdoor basketball courts at the Wellness Center. The event is free for UM students. For more information, call the intramural hotline at 305-284-8501 or email tsoria@miami.edu.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Fueled by changes in communication and storytelling, the School of Communication’s Interactive Media ...

Two new online platforms help University of Miami students discover opportunities to get involved on ...

The deadline to register for the Florida presidential primary is Tuesday, Feb. 18. One student is en ...

A University panel of experts will look at the possible prevention and treatment of opioid addiction ...

As northwestern Europe braces for Storm Dennis, a University of Miami tropical cyclone expert explai ...