News Briefs 2/2

Israel Lecture

Rivka Carmi, president of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel, will give a lecture, “Reimagining the Ivory Tower: The Responsibility of Academia to Society.” Professor Carmi will be introduced by UM President Donna E. Shalala. The event will take place at the Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies auditorium in the Merrick Building on Tuesday at 8 p.m.

Basketball Contest

Shoot some hoops at the three-point shooting contest at the Wellness Center on Monday. Registration is happening the day of the contest. To sign up, go to the outdoor basketball courts at the Wellness Center. The event is free for UM students. For more information, call the intramural hotline at 305-284-8501 or email tsoria@miami.edu.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

University of Miami student Kayla Crews has always been fascinated with Japan and its culture. Parti ...

School of Communication senior Leah Brown attended Cannes Lions Festival, one of the largest annual ...

A University of Miami engineering faculty member discusses how California’s infrastructure fared dur ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...