Dear V: My girlfriend gets off at a gentlemen’s club…

V,
My girlfriend loves strip clubs. She isn’t a stripper herself, but at least two or three times a month we go to Cheetah’s and she has more fun than I do. She’ll get me and all of my guy friends wrangled up and it’s almost like she’s manipulating her way into this gentlemen’s club whenever she can. She gets lap dances, buys me lap dances, etc., and she claims she’s doing it “ironically” but I’m beginning to have my suspicions. You may think this is one of those dream scenarios for a guy but it’s really off-putting and I’m wondering if she likes the strippers more than she likes me, if you get my drift.

I think my girl’s playing for the other team

Dear Lou Diamond Philips,

Remember when you were married to Julie Cypher back in the ‘90s and she left you for Melissa Etheridge? This could possibly be another one of those nightmare scenarios for you, and I think it’s high time you start doing a little detective work. First of all, if she goes to Cheetah’s and gets a lap dance from the same girl every time, and buys you lap dances whenever she’s getting her freak on, then I’d say your girl is either a switch hitter or a full-on “lesby,” (get it, like “lefty” but with a homoerotic baseball pun?). You need to start paying attention to these things or soon you’ll be out of the pitching rotation (man, I’m on a roll).
Maybe we’re both wrong, maybe she has a weird sense of humor, or maybe she likes being grinded … ground, whatever the past participle is, by girls. You know how sometimes you go to a party and there are two wasted dudes and one starts humping the other one as a joke? It could be something like that, although what I mentioned doesn’t cost any money.  Either way, you should probably confront her about this, but leave the lesbian accusations out of it. Just let her know that you’d rather do something other than pay for fake sex with someone you don’t know; maybe if you put a romantic spin on it you’ll win her over.
Whatever it is, I agree that a girl who has a boyfriend and visits strip clubs with him more than once a decade is a bit odd. You could be making a mountain out of a mole-hill, but to me being “ironic” is wearing a Member’s Only jacket and smoking Lucky Strikes, not visiting same-sex strip clubs three times a month. I wish you the best of luck man, hopefully everything works out for both of you. If it doesn’t, at least you know where to get a good lap dance.

If you walk across a fire and go to her window she might fall in love with you again,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...