News Briefs 1/30

Housing Opt-In

All current student residents planning to live on campus next year can opt in through myUM until Feb. 10. Residents can  indicate if they would like suite-style dorm rooms or University Village apartments.

Career Expo

Hundreds of recruiters from various businesses and organizations will be on-site at the Spring Career Expo on Wednesday. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about full-time positions and internships. Make sure to bring a Cane Card or an ID, and wear professional attire. Stop by Toppel on Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for Employer Practice Interviews & Critiques (EPIC). The Spring Career Expo is on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wellness Center.

Ambassador

Sameh Shoukry, Egypt’s Ambassador to the United States, will present a lecture, “Egypt’s Democracy and Arab Spring,” at 5 p.m. on Wednesday at the Cosford Cinema. Shoukry’s lecture will be followed by an interview with Middle Eastern Studies expert and political science professor Bradford McGuinn.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...