Disney movies making a comeback

Disney is encouraging us to reminisce on old-time favorites as they begin to release many classics in 3D, starting with “The Lion King,” which was in theaters for a limited time last year. Other films that are said to be re-released in 3D are “Monsters Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Finding Nemo.” This is just to name a few.

Some people think it’s a waste of time to pay for a movie ticket to a Disney re-released film because there is no real difference between 3D and 2D movies. The argument is that it’s just a way for Disney to make more money and the classics should be left alone.

All that aside, it’s great to see these films reappear on the big screen because they bring back happy memories of our childhood days. It also gives children who weren’t around when the original films came out the chance to watch Disney movies combined with the latest 3D craze.

Regardless of what you may think about the Disney-3D-movies trend, they’ve been a huge success so far. “The Lion King” in 3D made $94,242,001 in North America and $73,000,000 internationally. “Beauty and the Beast” will be released on Jan. 13 in 3D and is looking to be another success.

I personally would love to see “The Lion King 2,” “Mulan,” “Cinderalla” and “Sleeping Beauty” back on the screen in 3D, but I’ll keep patiently waiting. After all, Disney will always bring me back to the carefree living days and they are definitely making a comeback.

Emma Bowman

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...