Photo

Bid Day – Kappa Kappa Gamma

From left: Michelle Lara, junior, Michaela Hennessy, sophomore, Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, and Megan Chui, senior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "I was so thrilled with our new class," says membership chair, Danielle Landau, "Every time a young woman revealed that she was a Kappa, my eyes welled up with tears and I felt an overwhelming amount of pride and love." Kappa is one of several sororities who will also be participating in informal recruitment, for girls who could not make formal recruitment who would still like to join. For more information, email e.garcia22@umiami.edu. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, Nichole Renee, senior, and Hali Cohen, junior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "Kappa Kappa Gamma's success on Bid Day was a testament to our perseverance, positivity, and genuineness. Watching all of our hard work come to fruition was overwhelmingly exciting.," says Arkerson. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...