Photo

Bid Day – Kappa Kappa Gamma

From left: Michelle Lara, junior, Michaela Hennessy, sophomore, Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, and Megan Chui, senior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "I was so thrilled with our new class," says membership chair, Danielle Landau, "Every time a young woman revealed that she was a Kappa, my eyes welled up with tears and I felt an overwhelming amount of pride and love." Kappa is one of several sororities who will also be participating in informal recruitment, for girls who could not make formal recruitment who would still like to join. For more information, email e.garcia22@umiami.edu. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, Nichole Renee, senior, and Hali Cohen, junior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "Kappa Kappa Gamma's success on Bid Day was a testament to our perseverance, positivity, and genuineness. Watching all of our hard work come to fruition was overwhelmingly exciting.," says Arkerson. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...