Photo

Bid Day – Kappa Kappa Gamma

From left: Michelle Lara, junior, Michaela Hennessy, sophomore, Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, and Megan Chui, senior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "I was so thrilled with our new class," says membership chair, Danielle Landau, "Every time a young woman revealed that she was a Kappa, my eyes welled up with tears and I felt an overwhelming amount of pride and love." Kappa is one of several sororities who will also be participating in informal recruitment, for girls who could not make formal recruitment who would still like to join. For more information, email e.garcia22@umiami.edu. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, Nichole Renee, senior, and Hali Cohen, junior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "Kappa Kappa Gamma's success on Bid Day was a testament to our perseverance, positivity, and genuineness. Watching all of our hard work come to fruition was overwhelmingly exciting.," says Arkerson. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...