Photo

Bid Day – Kappa Kappa Gamma

From left: Michelle Lara, junior, Michaela Hennessy, sophomore, Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, and Megan Chui, senior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "I was so thrilled with our new class," says membership chair, Danielle Landau, "Every time a young woman revealed that she was a Kappa, my eyes welled up with tears and I felt an overwhelming amount of pride and love." Kappa is one of several sororities who will also be participating in informal recruitment, for girls who could not make formal recruitment who would still like to join. For more information, email e.garcia22@umiami.edu. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Brittany Arkerson, sophomore, Nichole Renee, senior, and Hali Cohen, junior, cheer on the rock along with their other sisters of Kappa Kappa Gamma before Bid Day on Sunday. "Kappa Kappa Gamma's success on Bid Day was a testament to our perseverance, positivity, and genuineness. Watching all of our hard work come to fruition was overwhelmingly exciting.," says Arkerson. Ashley McKevitt//The Miami Hurricane

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...