On-campus events during finals

>> Midnight Breakfast

The Division of Student Affairs hosts this semester’s Late Night Breakfast on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. Students can receive free breakfast from the Hecht/Stanford and Mahoney/Pearson dining halls. A meal swipe is not required.

>> Outdoor Studying

For a break from mundane studying in the dorms or library, check out the hammocks and tents set up outside the library and at Palm Court outside the Ashe building. The Office of the President will present this finals tradition starting Friday.

>> Silent Dance Party

When the clock strikes midnight on Tuesday night, students will dance in silence as they listen to their iPods on the first and second floors of the Richter Library. At 12:15 a.m. on Wednesday, a special guest will arrive and conclude the event inside the library. Dancing on the furniture is forbidden. The first floor occupancy limit is 500 people, so arrive early.

>> Study Breaks

La Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos (FEC) will be hosting its annual FEC Finals Study Break on Tuesday at 3 p.m. by the library breezeway. There will be a variety of Cuban treats for students to enjoy for free, including pastries, Cuban toast with butter and Cuban coffee.

The Volunteer LINK and Minority Women in Medicine Study Breaks will be hosting a study break on Tuesday from 3 to 5 p.m on the pathway to the Richter Library. Coffee from Starbucks, LINK pens and shirts, palm cards and snacks will be given away.

The Honor Council is partnering up with Pier 21 to host a study break on Monday from 3 to 5 p.m. on the University Green. Stop by the booth for free prizes, fruits, veggies, cookies, brownies, coffee and more.

>> Dorms

At Hecht and Stanford Residential Colleges on various nights throughout reading days and finals week, residents will be called downstairs for study breaks at 9 p.m at Hecht and 9:30 p.m. at Stanford. Free food will be available.

Pearson will be having two study breaks for its residents. On Monday from 9 to 11 p.m., Miami Scoops will be giving out ice cream. On Wednesday at 9 p.m., the first 500 residents will be served smoothies.

Hours of operation:

Richter Library

Open 24 hours a day through Dec. 13

Starbucks

Monday-Dec. 8 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 9-Dec. 11 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 12 and 13 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 14 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

C-Store

Monday and Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.

Open 24 hours from Wednesday-Dec. 9

Dec. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 a.m.

Open 24 hours from Dec. 11- Dec. 14

Subway

Monday-Dec. 8 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 9 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 11 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 12 and 13 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 14 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Free coffee at 8 p.m. every night until Dec. 14

Wellness Center

Monday-Dec. 8 from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 9 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Dec. 10-Dec. 11 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Dec. 12-Dec. 15 from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 16 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

While the University of Miami awaits what quarterback it will get Feb. 6 on National Signing Day, ne ...

It appears the University of Miami football program has found its answer to intelligent, energetic, ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up play on its first weekend of competition Sunday ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play at the Miami Spring Invite Sunday, wi ...

Chris Lykes scored 25 points as Miami got past Wake Forest. ...