On-campus events during finals

>> Midnight Breakfast

The Division of Student Affairs hosts this semester’s Late Night Breakfast on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. Students can receive free breakfast from the Hecht/Stanford and Mahoney/Pearson dining halls. A meal swipe is not required.

>> Outdoor Studying

For a break from mundane studying in the dorms or library, check out the hammocks and tents set up outside the library and at Palm Court outside the Ashe building. The Office of the President will present this finals tradition starting Friday.

>> Silent Dance Party

When the clock strikes midnight on Tuesday night, students will dance in silence as they listen to their iPods on the first and second floors of the Richter Library. At 12:15 a.m. on Wednesday, a special guest will arrive and conclude the event inside the library. Dancing on the furniture is forbidden. The first floor occupancy limit is 500 people, so arrive early.

>> Study Breaks

La Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos (FEC) will be hosting its annual FEC Finals Study Break on Tuesday at 3 p.m. by the library breezeway. There will be a variety of Cuban treats for students to enjoy for free, including pastries, Cuban toast with butter and Cuban coffee.

The Volunteer LINK and Minority Women in Medicine Study Breaks will be hosting a study break on Tuesday from 3 to 5 p.m on the pathway to the Richter Library. Coffee from Starbucks, LINK pens and shirts, palm cards and snacks will be given away.

The Honor Council is partnering up with Pier 21 to host a study break on Monday from 3 to 5 p.m. on the University Green. Stop by the booth for free prizes, fruits, veggies, cookies, brownies, coffee and more.

>> Dorms

At Hecht and Stanford Residential Colleges on various nights throughout reading days and finals week, residents will be called downstairs for study breaks at 9 p.m at Hecht and 9:30 p.m. at Stanford. Free food will be available.

Pearson will be having two study breaks for its residents. On Monday from 9 to 11 p.m., Miami Scoops will be giving out ice cream. On Wednesday at 9 p.m., the first 500 residents will be served smoothies.

Hours of operation:

Richter Library

Open 24 hours a day through Dec. 13

Starbucks

Monday-Dec. 8 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 9-Dec. 11 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 12 and 13 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 14 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

C-Store

Monday and Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.

Open 24 hours from Wednesday-Dec. 9

Dec. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 a.m.

Open 24 hours from Dec. 11- Dec. 14

Subway

Monday-Dec. 8 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 9 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 11 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 12 and 13 from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Dec. 14 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Free coffee at 8 p.m. every night until Dec. 14

Wellness Center

Monday-Dec. 8 from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 9 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Dec. 10-Dec. 11 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Dec. 12-Dec. 15 from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Dec. 16 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...