Miami’s musical medley helps ring in the holiday merriment

Though final exams and papers can be spirit-killers, nothing rings in the winter season quite like holiday show. If you’re looking for a way to keep your holiday spirit alive, check out some of these shows.

Miami Gay Men’s Chorus Concert

WHEN: Dec. 16-18
WHERE: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
cost: $25-35
Join Miami’s first gay chorus for a delightful evening of holiday music.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour 2012

WHEN: Dec. 9, 2011 8 p.m.
WHERE: American Airlines Arena
COST: $41.70-$75
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is anything but your typical orchestra. Do not expect any mellow, stuffy classical music at this concert. Instead, prepare to be blown away by loud music, in-door fireworks, lasers of every color and additional stages floating above the main stage. Oh, and of course, performances from some of the most talented musicians in the world.
O Holy Night: Christmas with Seraphic Fire

WHEN: Dec. 17, 8 p.m. (Main Stage)
WHERE: South Miami Dade Cultural Arts Center
cost: $25, $15, $10 – $5 off orchestra level seats for students
Seraphic Fire presents an all-new holiday performance featuring original arrangements of “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” along with a number of other well-known Christmas carols. Seraphic Fire’s Christmas concerts always sell out, so purchase your tickets now.

‘The Nutcracker’

WHEN: December 15-18, 7:30 pm.
WHERE: Ziff Ballet Opera House,1300 N. Biscayne Blvd.
cost: Tickets range from $19 to $68
Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” is the ultimate of holiday shows. “The Nutcracker” has a cast of more than 100 dancers of all ages, elaborate sets and costumes, and timeless music and performances. The story of “The Nutcracker” has been performed across the globe for decades and is one tradition that can’t be missed.

Kari Scharf

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...