Miami’s musical medley helps ring in the holiday merriment

Though final exams and papers can be spirit-killers, nothing rings in the winter season quite like holiday show. If you’re looking for a way to keep your holiday spirit alive, check out some of these shows.

Miami Gay Men’s Chorus Concert

WHEN: Dec. 16-18
WHERE: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
cost: $25-35
Join Miami’s first gay chorus for a delightful evening of holiday music.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour 2012

WHEN: Dec. 9, 2011 8 p.m.
WHERE: American Airlines Arena
COST: $41.70-$75
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is anything but your typical orchestra. Do not expect any mellow, stuffy classical music at this concert. Instead, prepare to be blown away by loud music, in-door fireworks, lasers of every color and additional stages floating above the main stage. Oh, and of course, performances from some of the most talented musicians in the world.
O Holy Night: Christmas with Seraphic Fire

WHEN: Dec. 17, 8 p.m. (Main Stage)
WHERE: South Miami Dade Cultural Arts Center
cost: $25, $15, $10 – $5 off orchestra level seats for students
Seraphic Fire presents an all-new holiday performance featuring original arrangements of “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” along with a number of other well-known Christmas carols. Seraphic Fire’s Christmas concerts always sell out, so purchase your tickets now.

‘The Nutcracker’

WHEN: December 15-18, 7:30 pm.
WHERE: Ziff Ballet Opera House,1300 N. Biscayne Blvd.
cost: Tickets range from $19 to $68
Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” is the ultimate of holiday shows. “The Nutcracker” has a cast of more than 100 dancers of all ages, elaborate sets and costumes, and timeless music and performances. The story of “The Nutcracker” has been performed across the globe for decades and is one tradition that can’t be missed.

Kari Scharf

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...