Miami’s musical medley helps ring in the holiday merriment

Though final exams and papers can be spirit-killers, nothing rings in the winter season quite like holiday show. If you’re looking for a way to keep your holiday spirit alive, check out some of these shows.

Miami Gay Men’s Chorus Concert

WHEN: Dec. 16-18
WHERE: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
cost: $25-35
Join Miami’s first gay chorus for a delightful evening of holiday music.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour 2012

WHEN: Dec. 9, 2011 8 p.m.
WHERE: American Airlines Arena
COST: $41.70-$75
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is anything but your typical orchestra. Do not expect any mellow, stuffy classical music at this concert. Instead, prepare to be blown away by loud music, in-door fireworks, lasers of every color and additional stages floating above the main stage. Oh, and of course, performances from some of the most talented musicians in the world.
O Holy Night: Christmas with Seraphic Fire

WHEN: Dec. 17, 8 p.m. (Main Stage)
WHERE: South Miami Dade Cultural Arts Center
cost: $25, $15, $10 – $5 off orchestra level seats for students
Seraphic Fire presents an all-new holiday performance featuring original arrangements of “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” along with a number of other well-known Christmas carols. Seraphic Fire’s Christmas concerts always sell out, so purchase your tickets now.

‘The Nutcracker’

WHEN: December 15-18, 7:30 pm.
WHERE: Ziff Ballet Opera House,1300 N. Biscayne Blvd.
cost: Tickets range from $19 to $68
Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” is the ultimate of holiday shows. “The Nutcracker” has a cast of more than 100 dancers of all ages, elaborate sets and costumes, and timeless music and performances. The story of “The Nutcracker” has been performed across the globe for decades and is one tradition that can’t be missed.

Kari Scharf

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...