Miami’s musical medley helps ring in the holiday merriment

Though final exams and papers can be spirit-killers, nothing rings in the winter season quite like holiday show. If you’re looking for a way to keep your holiday spirit alive, check out some of these shows.

Miami Gay Men’s Chorus Concert

WHEN: Dec. 16-18
WHERE: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
cost: $25-35
Join Miami’s first gay chorus for a delightful evening of holiday music.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour 2012

WHEN: Dec. 9, 2011 8 p.m.
WHERE: American Airlines Arena
COST: $41.70-$75
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is anything but your typical orchestra. Do not expect any mellow, stuffy classical music at this concert. Instead, prepare to be blown away by loud music, in-door fireworks, lasers of every color and additional stages floating above the main stage. Oh, and of course, performances from some of the most talented musicians in the world.
O Holy Night: Christmas with Seraphic Fire

WHEN: Dec. 17, 8 p.m. (Main Stage)
WHERE: South Miami Dade Cultural Arts Center
cost: $25, $15, $10 – $5 off orchestra level seats for students
Seraphic Fire presents an all-new holiday performance featuring original arrangements of “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” along with a number of other well-known Christmas carols. Seraphic Fire’s Christmas concerts always sell out, so purchase your tickets now.

‘The Nutcracker’

WHEN: December 15-18, 7:30 pm.
WHERE: Ziff Ballet Opera House,1300 N. Biscayne Blvd.
cost: Tickets range from $19 to $68
Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” is the ultimate of holiday shows. “The Nutcracker” has a cast of more than 100 dancers of all ages, elaborate sets and costumes, and timeless music and performances. The story of “The Nutcracker” has been performed across the globe for decades and is one tradition that can’t be missed.

Kari Scharf

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...