Miami Book Fair

Monica Herndon//The Miami Hurricane

Chinese performers use traditional instruments during the Miami Book Fair. The Miami Book Fair International took place this past week at Miami Dade College. Founded in 1984, the Fair has taken place for 28 years. This year the festival focused on China in an attempt to bring an understanding of Chinese culture to Miami. The Book Fair featured the China Pavilion with presentations, demonstrations and items for sale. Various traditional Chinese performing arts programs occurred throughout the day.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...